Best Itinerary from San Juan?? (Freedom of the Seas)

On 7/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, ZMANATL said:

The beauty of the Bonaire snorkel is that it's a DRIFT snorkel.  You'll have a life vest .. they'll drop you off at point A , pick you up at point B farther along. Don't have to swim but float.  Reading all the comments, they'll have guides with you and will point out fish and creatures you may have missed in the coral.  The boat floats along not far from swimmers.  Least that's what the various reviews have said.  There is a ferry that can take you to the same island, Klein Bonaire,  just drops ya and you get ride back.  The one beauty of a non-RCL tour, much smaller group.  

This sounds PERFECT.  Any suggestions on the best company to rent through for snorkeling on Bonaire?

Since you said this will be your first cruise let me give you a few tips.

1. You don't have to do excursions or stay the whole day in port. If you've never been to an island you can simply get off the ship and walk around the nearby area for a couple of hours. 

2. Docking in a port you've never been to is a good way to see if it's someplace you would like to visit for a land vacation. 

3. The southern Caribbean islands are visited often by cruise ships. The ABC islands get far less cruise ship visits. 

My wife and I would choose option 1. We have never been to the ABC islands. And St Maarten is our favorite port. 

1 hour ago, Biggjoe4u said:

Since you said this will be your first cruise let me give you a few tips.

1. You don't have to do excursions or stay the whole day in port. If you've never been to an island you can simply get off the ship and walk around the nearby area for a couple of hours. 

2. Docking in a port you've never been to is a good way to see if it's someplace you would like to visit for a land vacation. 

3. The southern Caribbean islands are visited often by cruise ships. The ABC islands get far less cruise ship visits. 

My wife and I would choose option 1. We have never been to the ABC islands. And St Maarten is our favorite port. 

Thanks for such great advice!  We actually went ahead and booked the ABC islands itinerary!  We are so excited!  Now, we are trying to figure out what excursions to do.