Hotel in Miami

My top choice is the Intercontinental Miami.  I love them for their Club Lounge and their bay views.  Not many hotels in that area can compete with the view that the Intercontinental can provide.  My second would my Hyatt Centric Miami Brickell.  Newer hotel.  Very clean and modern.

2 hours ago, RG306 said:

I really like the JW Marriott Marquis. We’re staying there again in November. The Intercontinental and the kimpton Epic are also very good. 

+1 for JW Marriott Marquis (used reward points, but it can be expensive).  Farfalle - Fine Italian Restaurant is within walking distance.  BEST TIRAMISU I have ever had.  

20190223_190916.jpg

We like South Beach for the atmosphere and to see some crazy...the food options are great too.

So far, we have stayed at Hotel Ocean and are currently booked at The Mercury Hotel which is further south...I am a geek, so I plan on getting up early to see the ships come through Government Cut from the beach and the area next to South Point Pier, and it is much closer. Hotel Ocean is about 13 blocks north from there.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, Bob_KY said:

+1 for JW Marriott Marquis (used reward points, but it can be expensive).  Farfalle - Fine Italian Restaurant is within walking distance.  BEST TIRAMISU I have ever had.  

20190223_190916.jpg

Tiramisu is my love language.  That is all.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Downtown Brickell.   (We were on a 4 night Navigator as well) We had a good experience.  The included breakfast is fantastic, we had a voucher for a free drink at the bar.   Pool, hot tub, lounge, nice lobby.  Easy and quick route to the port.   We had good city views, although not really water views.

35A1C004-516B-46F2-A2B0-1E0D67948BAA.jpeg

7F46BBE9-AAFD-4440-9374-3D2820673CEA.jpeg

E0CDD15D-45FE-4D23-9447-DD0A7AA501A8.jpeg

364B287C-FAF8-4AD1-95BE-08439D331144.jpeg

7AFE05F8-27E4-4B72-B445-CF22FB3289EE.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I'd like to bump this topic for new information.

I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel in Miami for a one-night pre-cruise stay.  As much as possible, I'd like to stay at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel for loyalty points. I also prefer staying at a hotel that provides shuttle service to the Port of Miami. Of course, if the shuttle service is free, that would be a plus.  FYI, I'm not a hotel snob. Views, pools, proximity to nighttime activities, and dining options are not a factor.  I just need a clean and decent place to sleep.

I just booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for points this afternoon (35,000). I know for sure that they do NOT have any shuttles at all.  In fact, every downtown Miami Marriott hotel that I checked does not offer any shuttles (including the Ritz, the W and the Courtyard).  My guess is that none of them do.  You might have better luck with airport properties or even some between the airport and the beach.

The majority of the downtown Miami hotels are either 35,000 or 50,000 points.

I don’t care about a shuttle to the port b/c they normally do not leave early enough for me but I would have loved a shuttle from the airport.  No joy.

24 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I also prefer staying at a hotel that provides shuttle service to the Port of Miami. Of course, if the shuttle service is free, that would be a plus.

If you stay in downtown Miami, most of those hotels are a quick Uber/Lyft ride to the port.  Often cheaper too.  Way better than waiting for a shuttle to load.  

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for points this afternoon (35,000).

Thanks for the info. I mostly stay in Marriott's Category 3 hotels - Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inns, and the like.  I booked Fairfield Inns for 17,500 just now.  It's about 12-13 miles from the Port of Miami.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, ckmoss said:

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.  This hotel was the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever seen. Very close comparison to Embassy suites. A wonderful breakfast included too. 

I second this vote.  Blue Lagoon has a Publix market across the street for those essential bottles of wine.  Free shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port. Typically  $10-15 per person.