Enchantment Bahamas

Don

We are sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in June and I have read some really negative reviews on Cruise Critic, which has made me a little nervous since this is our first cruise.  

When I read negative reviews, I look at what they found wrong.  If they complain about like roaches in the room and walls missing, yea that's a really bad sign.  But if their complaints are more subjective like "I didn't like the food" or "my excursions were bad" or "it rained", then I chalk it up to people having different tastes.

I think you'll have a great time on Enchantment.

We have not found that to be a problem. We always choose inside cabin, because we are seldom there. We like cabin on lowest deck possible deck mid ship -- the mpst stable location on the ship. Also decks 2 or 3 are only a couple of decks below dining, shops, & intertainment, thus you can walk to those venues. Great excersize & avoids crowded elevators around dining & show times.

I read a lot of reviews of sewage smells in the bathrooms.  Anyone had experience with this?  Does it matter where your staterooms are located?

I've never experienced this on any ship.  Regardless, first thing you should do when you get to your stateroom is inspect the entire room for anything wrong.  If there is a smell or something isn't working, alert maintenance right then and there before the ship leaves port. 

There's more repair staff in port than once the ship leaves and more importantly, there's no reason to let problems fester.

I have never experienced that on any ship either about the smell. I would love to save the money and be interior cabin but I can't convince my wife to go for it again. She says too claustrophobic to not have a window of some sorts. We have always have had a cabin within two decks of pool deck. We do feel the ship sway at times out to sea but never a problem for us, but that's always a subjective thing. The promenade cabins will be interesting to see this summer. That category did save a lot over the balcony. That's great advice about checking things out right away. We had a closet drawer that was broken and let the room attendant know embarkation day. It was fixed so promptly. As Matt always says, if there is a problem just let them know. They do everything they can to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Off on a business trip to Indianapolis and have arranged to stop off in Florida.

So what do you do with a weekend to spare?

Take Dons advise and get on Enchantment. Sailing 21 Feb

May try the Pepper Pot Grill.

Enjoy your trip! Also don't miss Chops Grill, a little pricey but best steak house afloat! Smaller ship, but we found ship, staff, & crew one of the best we have experienced on RCI.

• 5 months later...