Chill Island Cabanas**

Yesterday we were in Coco Cay and had pre booked a Chill Island Beach Cabana. Here’s the quick & dirty:

Pros:

We booked early and paid $399 for the day which turned out to be a good price. Our suite concierge said the remaining few rented last minute at $700+. 

Cabana was more then enough room for 4 adults and a few kids. There’s a nice couch, 2 plastic (but comfortable) chairs, coffee table, cooler table (stocked with comped Evian water), a ceiling fan and 2 water floats. 

Cabana attendant “Linda” was awesome and was always stopping by to see if we needed anything. I don’t believe there was ever a moment we had to wait for anything. 

Location was great. You get your own private beach area that is shared with only the Chill Island Cabana guests. Tons of small fish near the barrier rocks to look at. Nice white sand and free of the absolutely annoying sharp coral that you find on the Suite beach at Labadee. 

The complimentary cabana menu offered a very nice selection of food that could satisfy basically anyone. The food came piping hot right off the grill. 

Cons:

No option to tip the cabana attendant on your seapass card. The thought here was that I would start a tab and order alcohol, soda exc (non drink package people here) and give the attendant a nice tip when I close out the tab. This is not the case. The attendant does not run a tab and you must close out every order (meaning the tip goes to the bar personnel). I walked back to the ship and got cash. Slightly annoying but mostly my fault. I do think for the sake of the attendants tip that they make this more obvious. 

Coco Cay is huge and it’s easy to miss the chill island cabanas if you decide to walk instead of using the tram. We overshot the location by 1/2 mile and ended up taking the scenic route. Again, more my fault for not paying enough attention. I did notice the map location is deceiving and also the cabanas are not well marked. 

I noticed the showers are located in sand which makes 0 sense. I found it difficult to get the sand off of us. Very annoying. There should be a shower(s) close to the pier so 5000 people don’t track sand back to the ship. RC missed this one. Sure you could spray off your feet in the pirate ship next to the pier but there really needs to be a better solution. 

My overall all review is an overwhelming positive experience. We will 100% only do this island in a cabana because the experience was excellent. We spent some time in the pool and it’s simply awesome! RC did a great job on Coco Cay!

Are these the same as the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas? Having never been to Coco Cay wanted to have a "home base" The only cabana available were the designated Oasis Lagoon Cabanas, did your cabana have a safe? Thanks for the heads up about the cash, I prefer to tip my server directly. Really liked the "quick & dirty" made me chuckle!!:8_laughing:

10 hours ago, Neesa said:

Are these the same as the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas? Having never been to Coco Cay wanted to have a "home base" The only cabana available were the designated Oasis Lagoon Cabanas, did your cabana have a safe? Thanks for the heads up about the cash, I prefer to tip my server directly. Really liked the "quick & dirty" made me chuckle!!:8_laughing:

Yes there was also a safe built into the coffee table (sorry, forgot to mention). I am unsure if chill island cabana and oasis lagoon are the same. I suspect they are different as I saw many cabanas in multiple locations all over the island. My suggestion: if you think your going to enjoy the pool more then the beach, the cabanas located by the pool we’re really great. I think we’re going to book one of those next time around (until the over water ones open Dec 2019). 

17 hours ago, Neesa said:

No, Lagoon cabanas are around the pool, Chill Island are on the beach where it gets nice and deep for swimming and easy access to snorkeling areas