Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

Lovetocruise2002

7 minutes ago, rjac said:

Ok, so the Allure is getting "Amped". Does that mean she will also be getting new shows? Something different than Mamma Mia and The Blue Planet? 

Blue Planet I'm sure will stay. Mamma Mia, think that will depend if Oasis changes out Cats.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

What if Allure gets CATS!, Oasis Mama Mia!

Hey, it's a new show for each ship...

Exactly, Oasis could even get Chicago. Maybe OA5 would end up with Cats.

Seems to be the current trend where an Oasis class has a dry dock a "new to the ship" Broadway show comes on. I could have sworn it was mentioned on a backstage tour on Symphony some of the set pieces for Hairspray were originally from Oasis.

40 minutes ago, rjac said:

Ok, so the Allure is getting "Amped". Does that mean she will also be getting new shows? Something different than Mamma Mia and The Blue Planet? 

31 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Blue Planet I'm sure will stay. Mamma Mia, think that will depend if Oasis changes out Cats.

I'm pretty sure Matt said that Cats was staying.  Maybe @CGTLH you can verify that with him and get back to us.  ? 

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

How? I thought they were all gone?

Every time someone clicks on one for a price it locks out of the inventory for a period of time, like15 minutes.  That way two people can't buy the same cabin.  

I've done this to myself.  Find a cabin, click on it.  Call my travel agent and it's out of the inventory.  We hang around and chat for a few minutes and it pops back in.  

3 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I'm pretty sure Matt said that Cats was staying.  Maybe @CGTLH you can verify that with him and get back to us.  ? 

Not surprised if it works out that way.  Moving a show is a big deal.  New contracts with the show owners and a lot of work to adapt and breakdown set pieces. 

Entertainment staff have joked it's easier to move a ship to a new home port than it is to move a show.  

19 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hoping for more of these group cruises in the near future...like maybe Allure 03/14/21...?

@Matt I have already rounded up quite a few for you already!

Opps was looking at the wrong week.  Yeah,  @WAAAYTOOO, @ellcee@CGTLH

looks like all the SC ones are gone.  I would be jumping on this, if we weren't already trying to do a SC Alaska in June '21.  Can't swing B2B SC with only 3 months in between.  #DangKids  lol  These are all I see now.

image.png.74bc7a2965433c26bc2d452807c5bc5e.png

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

We did the backstage tour on Allure and asked if Cats was being replaced on Oasis during its amped schedule.  We were told it will still be on Oasis as they just did a contact renewal for the rights to the show. I hope they had bad info, cause Cats needs to go!!

@Matt said it was staying awhile back.  I will not be watching it.  But, that just means there will be a spot for someone who wants to watch it.

46 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Yes. Was looking at the RC site. It was letting me through giving me a room number and a price of 10.8k for 10730. 

Interesting because for days now I was getting only Sky.  Same thing for this morning. I booked star for this sailing upon release but I am now looking for a friend ?

5 hours ago, TheHobbys said:

Opps was looking at the wrong week.  Yeah,  @WAAAYTOOO, @ellcee@CGTLH

looks like all the SC ones are gone.  I would be jumping on this, if we weren't already trying to do a SC Alaska in June '21.  Can't swing B2B SC with only 3 months in between.  #DangKids  lol  These are all I see now.

image.png.74bc7a2965433c26bc2d452807c5bc5e.png

You must be getting killer discounts because I don’t see prices like that when I pull up any sailings for Mar 21

19 minutes ago, mworkman said:

You must be getting killer discounts because I don’t see prices like that when I pull up any sailings for Mar 21

Try 4 guests.

Next try 2 guest.

Virtually same price divided by 4 now divided by 2. 

Next try solo.  Nearly the same final price divided by one guest.  Yikes.  Super expensive. over $9k for a solo in an ATS.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just remember...this is the GC idea that started over tequila shots ?

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

So you are saying it's ill conceived?

Overheard inside CK at breakfast time, Allure of the Seas, 03/21/21:

"I AM NEVER DRINKING TEQUILA AGAIN!! WTH WAS I THINKING?!?!?"

36 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Overheard inside CK at breakfast time, Allure of the Seas, 03/21/21:

"I AM NEVER DRINKING TEQUILA AGAIN!! WTH WAS I THINKING?!?!?"

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

More like 3/17/21... should only take a day or two to reach that conclusion.

It will be memorable, that’s for sure.

15 hours ago, mworkman said:

We did the backstage tour on Allure and asked if Cats was being replaced on Oasis during its amped schedule.  We were told it will still be on Oasis as they just did a contact renewal for the rights to the show. I hope they had bad info, cause Cats needs to go!!

Did this tour on Harmony last week and they said that this is the last cast for Cats on Oasis.

Conflicting info - but hopefully my source is right.