Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

Lovetocruise2002

33 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

But... but... It's St. Maarten!! Seriously, I feel it's the best Caribbean port there is, with so much to see and do! Even after the hurricane / with recovery still going on.

I mean, how can you say no to fresh-baked croissants, and chocolates, and awesome cheese?? ?

So, we stopped at the Amsterdam Cheese store, and we are not big Gouda fans, but it was delicious. Definitely thinking about getting some to bring back when we are here next. We also stopped at La Suciere in Coles Bay, and it was fantastic. It appears the Belgian Chocolate place may be closed, at least according to GoogleMaps. We didn’t look too hard for it, but I know @tiny260 was planning on trying to go. 

B620AC16-5539-4052-BFE4-35FCD6459536.jpeg

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

But... but... It's St. Maarten!! Seriously, I feel it's the best Caribbean port there is, with so much to see and do! Even after the hurricane / with recovery still going on.

I mean, how can you say no to fresh-baked croissants, and chocolates, and awesome cheese?? ?

We (Hubby) only have one place that we (Hubby) are interested in...that Yoda Guy. And visiting that place is way better without the kids. We’ll be back at the end of the month on Symphony.

Not sure if @tiny260 made it to the chocolate place. They said it was very hot today.

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I sincerely hope they were doing shots of something better than Jose Cuervo Especial!! ? Patron Silver at a minimum when you have the DBP!

It was Patron. @Matt would not have it any other way. But no salt at Vintages. I don’t think they knew what hit them when we all walked in. After the second round, I think they stayed away from us on purpose ?

This is the official “Unofficial GC” announcement!

Freshly Amped Allure 03/14/2021

7 of us in the RCBlog community have already booked this one!  More are currently asking for permission lol.

Who’s going to YOLO and Book It next? 

@tiny260 just told me that as of yesterday, MEI already has a group set up for this sailing to get possible group rates ?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

7 of us in the RCBlog community have already booked this one!  More are currently asking for permission lol.

@tiny260 just told me that as of yesterday, MEI already has a group set up for this sailing to get possible group rates ?

uggh so tempting, we are planning a cruise with friends for the end of 2021 and we already have a sailing for April of 2021.  Plus its around St Paddy's Day and our daughter is involved with Irish dancing.  Not sure we can take her away or leave during such a big weekend for her.  I would love to celebrate Paddy's Day on a cruise though!

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

☺️…….?

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wish - that's right in the thick of tax season.  But tune into my scopes May 2020 when I'm on Allure three weeks after her amp! 

Doh...we actually considered this cruise but went with Harmony instead as we haven't been on that one yet. Would have been neat though!

Darn it! ? 

We’re re-booked on Symphony now (4/24/21) with our friends since RC cancelled the Harmony cruises... one of these days my wife and I would really love to meet you all on one of these cruises!

8 hours ago, Traveler said:

It would be very interesting to compare the prices before the unofficial announcement and after  ? 

Allure hasn't had her announcement yet.  I'm curious too how they will change.  We booked Oasis also to sail her three weeks after her amp and got an amazing ocean view balcony guarantee rate, and this was right after they made her announcement.  I full expect to be in the last room allllll the way aft (which we have actually had before, lol) or a blocked view but that's okay.  We don't really plan to be in our cabin other than to sleep & shower! 

9 hours ago, Traveler said:

It would be very interesting to compare the prices before the unofficial announcement and after  ? 

I didn't find that the prices changed too drastically after the announcement for Oasis.  I had booked long before the details were released for the first sailing immediately after the AMP.  The prices have gone up since, but they seem to be trending similarly to another Oasis class sailing that I have and I didn't see a spike because the details were released for the AMP.  It's the next season release after the AMP where you will notice the prices go up across the board -- at least that's what I saw for Mariner and Navigator.

2 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Between xbox and bumper cards, never going to get my kids to leave the sea plex (and dh too on computer game side)

I try to stay positive usually but going to be realistic here for a bit. While the Seaplex is a great venue, the lines for the bumper cars are long and they don’t run them all day long. There are only 3-4 XBox stations and they are usually packed full of kids. Just let your kids know to be realistic about it and how often they might get to use those things. That is one of the main reasons why we chose to stay on board most of this cruise, so our girls could utilize that space more. 

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I try to stay positive usually but going to be realistic here for a bit. While the Seaplex is a great venue, the lines for the bumper cars are long and they don’t run them all day long. There are only 3-4 XBox stations and they are usually packed full of kids. Just let your kids know to be realistic about it and how often they might get to use those things. That is one of the main reasons why we chose to stay on board most of this cruise, so our girls could utilize that space more. 

Thanks for the tip!  I know to line up early...and yeah, we're going March break so crowded x10.  Will definitely warn them.  We have a Nassau day on our cruise, which means ship day for us.  Guess it just depends on what they run at the Sea Plex at the time.

Btw...are you liking the ship a bit more in the warmer weather?

1 minute ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for the tip!  I know to line up early...and yeah, we're going March break so crowded x10.  Will definitely warn them.  We have a Nassau day on our cruise, which means ship day for us.  Guess it just depends on what they run at the Sea Plex at the time.

Btw...are you liking the ship a bit more in the warmer weather?

The weather is great this time! We have made good use of our balcony.  No parkas needed lol. I still am not a fan of Quantum class. The things that I did not care for last March still bother me this time around. 

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I still am not a fan of Quantum class. The things that I did not care for last March still bother me this time around. 

Will have to agree with you on this one ... We prefer the Oasis class much better.  But, don't get me wrong - being on ANY ship is always a good thing - ha