Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

Lovetocruise2002

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Never underestimate the morning WJ chaos. This was taken just after 10:00am (-3 GMT, set clocks ahead last night). Line on the otherside was much longer.

20190705_105405-1008x741.thumb.jpg.934e83030e1fa126f6edb6a62b1ddbdb.jpg

My suggestion, Solarium Bistro. Was fairly empty and had most of the core breakfast items.

Solarium bistro and cafe promenade were our go tos on allure...we never even ate at the windjammer.  Solarium bistro was never crowded! Jane

2 hours ago, CGTLH said:

My idea of quality pool time...

20190705_103825-1008x756.jpg

I see the felt is just as worn and mangled as when I sailed her last year. I seriously hope that they fix up the pool tables when she goes into dry dock next year. Bad enough that the pool tables aren't the self-leveling kind like on the Radiance class ships, but then to have the tables as worn as that and pool cues that need replacing (or at least re-tipping) makes it even worse.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Current situation:

Toiletries packed

The struggle was real.

3F54AF8E-140C-4A46-A95E-648F7D4895C3.thumb.jpeg.c56651d53a749c44eaa77e3df8ef14c2.jpeg

I have a ton to catch up on, but I couldn't NOT comment on this pic and totally derail your liveblog. Is that The Ordinary I spy in the background? I love that stuff so much! Which of their products do you use? It's so effective and dirt cheap by skin care standards. 

On 7/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am now in my happy place...on a cruise ships, all CK reservations made for the week. No problems getting the times we wanted 

Still catching up, but did you have any trouble finding someone at the podium or was there someone readily available there? That's great to hear that you got reservations for the week all lined up! 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Keep us informed.  I can't possibly cruise with people who don't do tequila shots.

Well maybe if you had not cancelled then I could have been persuaded lol

1 hour ago, spiralqueen said:

I have a ton to catch up on, but I couldn't NOT comment on this pic and totally derail your liveblog. Is that The Ordinary I spy in the background? I love that stuff so much! Which of their products do you use? It's so effective and dirt cheap by skin care standards. 

I just started using the retinol serum, the caffeine eye serum, and the matrixyl serum. I am normally a Dermalogica girl. But I like The Ordinary so far.

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Truthfully, I did not like it. I was guilty of abandoning a drink today after two sips. It was that one. #teamDX ?

It sure was pretty though. D12 wanted to know if it was available in a non-alcoholic version ?

TBH, it was not my favorite either! 

And tell D12, that yes! It does come in a non-alcoholic version. When I asked for one to take a Pic, the bartender made me one. It was actually better than the alcoholic one! 20190501_221720.thumb.jpg.33469088c918f4f9e48bc018f14c3ee5.jpg

Found it! ?

42 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby suggested that I should strike a deal with @Matt...tequila shots for him to try CK ?

I'm really curious... @Matt...if you have/had access why would you NOT try it? I have never sailed in a suite but would absolutely try it if I had the opportunity. 

Tonight’s CK dinner features one of my personal favourites...the Valrhona Chocolate Bar ❤️

52EF2C75-1FA9-496F-9075-3BA3DC4C5556.thumb.jpeg.13741287da19210ae4bb9616fac24d07.jpeg

All other items are the same as Night 2 on my previous Anthem blog (see link in signature below or on Pg. 1 of this blog).

Hubby also got the Mascarpone Cheesecake. It was slightly strange tasting. 

1255C735-8F40-4F06-AC04-071B7E5C0182.thumb.jpeg.39ea8ee9939eda8cb53525b2b32ac089.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby also got the Mascarpone Cheesecake. It was slightly strange tasting. 

Mascarpone is a strange tasting cheese. There's a reason I haven't really had it in anything other than Tiramisu, where it's got the cocoa, espresso, and ladyfingers to blend with.

19 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Mascarpone is a strange tasting cheese. There's a reason I haven't really had it in anything other than Tiramisu, where it's got the cocoa, espresso, and ladyfingers to blend with.

Ooooh, maybe that's the reason I never cared much for tiramisu (although it appears I may be the only one on the planet that doesn't).

11 minutes ago, KathyC said:

We have an amazing grilled peaches recipe, with mascarpone cheese.  So good.  You grill the peaches, then marinate them in brandy or white wine, depending on your flavor preference.  Soften the cheese, then stir in some vanilla.  Top the peaches with the cheese.  Yum! 

Sounds great...I will probably try that but substitute goat cheese.

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So, we slept wonderfully last night and did not wake up until about 10:15am. Hubby and D12 are still in bed. D10 and I wandered into the WJ as everything else was already done for breakfast. Awful place! We walked in and walked right back out. Told D10 that I could not do it. Pure madness in there! 

We wandered down to the Esplanade to grab some milk and pound cake. That was breakfast. 

Currently wandered into a napkin folding class while we wait for 270 to open for lunch. 

9D88142B-BADA-499A-9346-4CF954CC50F9.thumb.jpeg.e1ca29de3acecc311cb148948b37f634.jpeg

Still no sign of Hubby and D12. ?

This afternoon we have a meet up at 1pm and the bar crawl at 2:30pm. I am sure some scopes will follow...

Suggest trying the cafe outside of the 270 for breakfast. Was never really crowded there when we sailed back in June . Good breakfast sandwiches , lots of fresh fruit and pastries too.

Tonight we wrapped it up with the late night show with Jim David. Funny guy. He had a hilarious idea for what to name the next Royal Caribbean ship...?

Heading to bed now as we have an early start to the day tomorrow. We are in Bermuda and we have the Island tour booked. Probably won’t be updating much tomorrow until I get back. 

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tonight we wrapped it up with the late night show with Jim David. Funny guy. He had a hilarious idea for what to name the next Royal Caribbean ship...?

Heading to bed now as we have an early start to the day tomorrow. We are in Bermuda and we have the Island tour booked. Probably won’t be updating much tomorrow until I get back. 

Have fun!!!!

19 minutes ago, Skid said:

Oh, good. @CGTLH's post sounded to me like it wasn't. Hey, I know my comedians!

It was funny definitely. Intro might have seemed a bit out dated.

Sure @Matt's daily recap brief upon it. 

@Lovetocruise2002 are you in agreement of what the next Quantum/Plus should be per what was discussed at show?

24 minutes ago, Skid said:

@mom2mybugs...chocolate bar AND chocolate cake. Darn good thing sugar, fat and calories don't count on vacation!

No...but oh man trying to take off the chocolate and drink poundage that counted on land before going back on vacation.... Argh......  The struggle is real lol!   Jane