Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

Lovetocruise2002

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Andrew72681 the plane seemed ok for someone who knows nothing about types of planes lol.

It's a brand new plane!  Canadian Bombardier CS plane who partnered with Airbus and re-branded it as A220 after Boeing went evil and a certain administration placed a 300% import duty on them.  

Jealous even more now.  First a group cruise and now an A220 ride.  What does a poor bot have to do to keep up with a Lulubot? 

#botenvy   

Well you all know how much we love La Bamba and the call of fried ice cream is pretty strong.  Cruising out of NJ poses a problem in that there is no La Bamba anywhere to be found. So what does the OCD planner in me do in times like this?  Start searching for Mexican restaurants in the area that have good reviews and fried ice cream!  Tonight’s dinner brought us to...

Mamasita Bar & Grill

(at the corner of 10th and 54th St.)

Happy Hour Drink menu:

C5A5EAFB-C253-4F0F-AF2B-38BAE5758BA3.thumb.jpeg.9753597552389b3e09e41f8e2607cb63.jpeg

House chips and salsa:

97B1909E-76D2-47EB-B7B4-273D24872D00.thumb.jpeg.690c2cdff67c92fd2f6c2f718342c555.jpeg

Cheese dip:

B9AB566B-71CE-46AC-853B-E4A2C6E16D6E.thumb.jpeg.401930dd6916145460c1efeacf3dce38.jpeg

Kids Chicken Flauta:

33FA7122-5B21-436B-9F11-3CC2639C16DB.thumb.jpeg.2518e997153fe16ca16b243a438657ed.jpeg

Chicken Quesadilla:

C3E9FA54-7099-44B0-AE39-6C96E455A54B.thumb.jpeg.df45fd2d2ce5db004e49376b273cdc63.jpeg

Chicken Fajita:

6113332E-7824-4FEC-9DFC-727545F0A676.thumb.jpeg.a8f4dce5a0a540d88a7980797a2f6547.jpeg

Chicken Chimichanga:

4495D94E-1537-440F-83EB-992EED191F3E.thumb.jpeg.29329c257436918f8bd1b079890deadb.jpeg

And no pre-cruise meal is complete without...fried ice cream ?

C295D4A6-7A51-45F1-B7E1-1900F9BD3642.thumb.jpeg.f4560f9e9bdc4534058734b7bfd8a308.jpeg

So the verdict against La Bamba?

All family members agree that while this meal was a good substitute, La Bamba still rules!

After dinner we took a walk down to Times Square.  Took part in the typical tourist photos until the crowds got annoying and we decided to call it a night. Back at the hotel now and probably headed to bed soon. Everyone is pretty wiped out from the day. 

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After dinner we took a walk down to Times Square

Did you run into this guy? Seriously, he's been a staple in NYC for many years. Sings and takes pictures with you for a donation. Goes by the name Naked Cowboy. We've even seen him on some warmer  winter days. He's actually a pretty interesting guy to talk to. Although your girls may have been a little freaked out.

NYNYCcowboy_bernstein1.jpg.5c242d1645e4a2965f77a293227b0a33.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Cowboy

Hope you have an amazing holiday @Lovetocruise2002

Knowing you're an uber-planner like myself, I'd imagine you've already got your whole itinerary for NYC booked up but incase not, we were there a few weeks ago and particularly enjoyed a bike tour of Central Park and the all access tour of Madison Square Garden was surprisingly good ?

I know you're Canadian but saw you flew from DTW so guessing you're just over the border or living in MI - we have a friend from Windsor (which happens to be twinned with our home city!) but who lives in Ann Arbor so we've been to that neck if the woods a couple of times. 

Looking forward to following along with you. 

3 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

And they don't even wear the real Disney costumes... They are just fake Disney characters.  It's just very very wrong!!! Jane

Not sure if they still have them, but there used to be "Elmos" running around.  But they were not the cute cuddly Elmo ...very creepy looking.  Back then, my DD was 3 years old and scared of them and would run the other way (well, we were holding her hand down NYC street but definitely wanted to run).  Don't take a photo with any of them...they demand money.

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

And they don't even wear the real Disney costumes... They are just fake Disney characters.  It's just very very wrong!!! Jane

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

...very creepy looking.  

No Elmo but there was a creepy looking Minnie Mouse who tried to grab D10 for a photo. We steered her out of the way quite quickly lol.

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No Elmo but there was a creepy looking Minnie Mouse who tried to grab D10 for a photo. We steered her out of the way quite quickly lol.

Be glad that was about it. Last year when we went into the city, there was not only the Naked Cowboy but a bunch of young women walking around topless with the US flag or other designs body-painted on.

I know NYC is kind of famous (infamous?) for its... creative entrepreneurs, but I found that pretty tacky, especially as I was walking down the street with my teenage daughters.

So as @hayley_bopp mentioned, I am an Uber planner and I don’t like to leave much up to chance.  My kids had one request, it was to see the sights of NYC. We could have wandered on our own but that would have required a lot of planning that I just did not have time for that this time around. 

About two months ago, I came across a one day NYC tour by Viator that has great reviews and seems very comprehensive.  I booked it because I think it will give the girls a good overall feel for the city and we can always narrow it down next time.  Timing works out great as it ends just in time for the pizza meet up. Looking forward to meeting a fellow group cruise member on this tour as well as they also booked it. 

Current situation: trying to round up the family to get ready so we can be on our way. So frustrating when they tell you they want to do things, you plan it, and then they all move at snail’s pace. I need to cruise solo one of these days. <rant over> ?

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Current situation: trying to round up the family to get ready so we can be on our way. So frustrating when they tell you they want to do things, you plan it, and then they all move at snail’s pace. I need to cruise solo one of these days. <rant over> ?

You have my sympathies. This is what we go through on cruises in pretty much every port.

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, Skid said:

Take a picture with him...I send you the money

#cowgirlbot

We were on the bus. Thank goodness!

41 minutes ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002 try out John's Pizza on 44th st. We recommended it to @hayley_bopp recently and she liked it. Biggest bar in a pizza place you have ever seen.

That is where our meet up is tonight! Stay tuned ?

4 hours ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002 try out John's Pizza on 44th st. We recommended it to @hayley_bopp recently and she liked it. Biggest bar in a pizza place you have ever seen.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes! That place was great. Now I'm doubly upset that we aren't at the meet up ??

9 hours ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002 try out John's Pizza on 44th st. We recommended it to@hayley_bopp recently and she liked it. Biggest bar in a pizza place you have ever seen.

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

OK @Sweety, you don't see the RC Blog group going to Chicago for pizza, now do you? Yeah, I said it!??

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, twangster said:

It's a brand new plane!  Canadian Bombardier CS plane who partnered with Airbus and re-branded it as A220 after Boeing went evil and a certain administration placed a 300% import duty on them.  

Jealous even more now.  First a group cruise and now an A220 ride.  What does a poor bot have to do to keep up with a Lulubot? 

#botenvy   

Maybe she’s pretending to not know about Bombardier since the program was way over budget and had to get sold off to French Airbus. ?