Miami Departure

Cory M

We are looking to depart on Monday July 1st on the Navigator.  

I have a couple questions if you don't mind:

1.  if you were to stay at a hotel in Miami reasonable and close to the terminal, what hotel would you suggest?

2.  What time would you get to the cruise terminal considering I have a rental car that needs parking?

3.  Is it correct to say once you get on the ship, you can enjoy the waterslides, etc.  So make sure you have carry on, towel, swim trunks, etc?

sorry for the questions, just last minute hecticness!!!

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, Cory M said:

We are looking to depart on Monday July 1st on the Navigator.  

I have a couple questions if you don't mind:

1.  if you were to stay at a hotel in Miami reasonable and close to the terminal, what hotel would you suggest?

2.  What time would you get to the cruise terminal considering I have a rental car that needs parking?

3.  Is it correct to say once you get on the ship, you can enjoy the waterslides, etc.  So make sure you have carry on, towel, swim trunks, etc?

sorry for the questions, just last minute hecticness!!!

Thanks in advance!

1. We stayed at the Hilton Blue Lagoon and loved it. 

2. Never parked there, but the regular drop off area was at a standstill for about a half hour when we sailed from there last month. I'd say get there by 10AM.

3. Yes, you can use all facilities (assuming they are open) as soon as you board. Get your towels at the stand on the pool deck.

Happy sailing!

We found a very reasonable rate at Hilton Miami Downtown, from our window we could see as the ship docked for our cruise. This hotel was clean and well staffed. The hotel has a parking garage attached, there was a separate fee (can't remember how much) We sailed in March 2019 and we departed on a Friday, there was a lot of traffic even though we were very close to the cruise port (one left turn off street in front of hotel) Very close but we allowed for the traffic, arrived by 1030hrs and located many parking spaces within the ports parking garage (but again a bit pricey) Hotel to terminal would be 10 minutes without traffic I believe. This was a Disney sailing and a much smaller ship so we didn't have any delay dropping luggage and being directed to the parking deck. We always carry on swim wear, hat etc. The ship has towels available don't waste your precious space. Enjoy your cruise!

I guess the definition of reasonable would need to be explained. I have never stayed anywhere downtown or close to port when in Miami as it is NOT reasnonable IMHO...when the hotel costs almost as much as my cruise...that's not reasonable.

I have always stayed near the airport or in FLL to be honest.

Downtown has a couple of reasonable hotels on that date, but if you're dealing with a rental car then you also have to pay for parking at the hotel which tends to be $$.  It's usually cheaper to stay a little further out and have parking included and just drive in.  It's only 15 minutes by car to the port from the airport area and they have a lot of hotels that are relatively cheap and include parking.

22 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Matt has many Miami Hotel reviews if you go to the main blog page, Holiday Inn Airport, Intercontinental, DoubleTree, Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

I personally stayed at the Marriott and was pleased with it.

Thanks, I will check that out! We are staying at Crowne Plaza by the airport, in February. We have stayed there before and our TA got us a  really good deal.

We always stay at the JW Marriott Marquis but have always gotten what we consider really good rates (under $200). 

There are a ton of properties, you just have to shop around and jump on a deal when you see one. 

I always keep a bag with me that has anything I might need before 8pm (swimsuit, change of clothes, my tsa bag with toiletries and meds). 

On 6/28/2019 at 12:42 PM, Cory M said:

if you were to stay at a hotel in Miami reasonable and close to the terminal, what hotel would you suggest?

If by reasonable, you mean "inexpensive", then I recommend the Holiday Inn Express by the airport. 10-15 min taxi ride and super reasonable price: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/05/24/holiday-inn-express-suites-miami-airport-east-hotel-review

What time would you get to the cruise terminal considering I have a rental car that needs parking?

10amish. Plan for 10:30 and if you are a little early or late, no big deal.

Is it correct to say once you get on the ship, you can enjoy the waterslides, etc.  So make sure you have carry on, towel, swim trunks, etc?

Yes!