Pizza in Cafe Promenade

mcoler18

10 hours ago, FManke said:

I was looking forward to trying "real" pizza next year in Italy, but we are only going to be in Venice and I've read it's not as authentic as say Naples because they do not allow wood burning ovens in Venice. It's some kind of law?

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Correct , in Venice they are not allow open flame ovens just electric one , they want to avoid any fire risk inside the city. But outside the the city its allow so you can get a Pizza in  Venice Mistre.  

So should I get pizza in Florence or Rome??? Or both???   Jane

7 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

So should I get pizza in Florence or Rome??? Or both???   Jane

Good question , you should get a Pizza in a place that has open oven . 

Better Rome than Florence (as its more in the south although I got also good Pizza in Milan ). just make sure they are doing Pizza on the spot and not some slices which they prepared before.

In Florence you get also get good Pizza at the place I have sent you few month ago , just not sure you want just to try Pizza while you are in Italy.  in Florence you can also eat the Florence stake "bistecca alla Fiorenina" (tell your daughter  to look on the other way ? ). Do not forget the ice cream , pistachio is a must to test , just make sure it is pale green  and with real pistachio inside , bright green can indicate its has color added and you want to avoid it. here is an address for a good ice cream place in Florence  Marco ottaviano , via matteo palmieri , 34 r but there many other over there  so if it is not near your route just find something else.

1 minute ago, Traveler said:

Good question , you should get a Pizza in a place that has open oven . 

Better Rome than Florence (as its more in the south although I got also good Pizza in Milan ). just make sure they are doing Pizza on the spot and not some slices which they prepared before.

In Florence you get also get good Pizza at the place I have sent you few month ago , just not sure you want just to try Pizza while you are in Italy.  in Florence you can also eat the Florence stake "bistecca alla Fiorenina" (tell your daughter  to look on the other way ? ). Do not forget the ice cream , pistachio is a must to test , just make sure it is pale green  and with real pistachio inside , bright green can indicate its has color added and you want to avoid it. here is an address for a good ice cream place in Florence  Marco ottaviano , via matteo palmieri , 34 r but there many other over there  so if it is not near your route just find something else.

I'm trying to screenshot all of your suggestions!  I'm all over the steak lol ..I will have Madison order the pizza! 

I'm going to look for the PISTACHIO without the color!!   Jane

On 6/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, FManke said:

Haha, did all those things first time in NYC!

I've had good and bad pizza all over the country. Yes, even here in Chicago! ?

Pizza like all things is very regional. Don't even get me started with hotdogs! I am a big fan of Nathan's though.

Vienna hotdogs. Do we need another challenge?

Ok, we were on Anthem this year and I actually have to say that although it was not the best pizza that I have ever had it was FAR from being the worst.  I also have to say that it was FAR better than several of the other cruises that we have taken.  I actually had several slices of it per day!  I would honestly say that I would pay to have one, not saying that I would pay the same price of a "normal" place like at Papa Johns or Pizza hut  but I would gladly buy one.  Sprinkle some oregano and some extra parmesan cheese on it and I was in heaven!  In other words I have to agree with you!  While it is not a NY pie or Chicago pie it was still tasty and far more enjoyable than I remember! 

2 hours ago, tdcackler said:

It can't be as bad as the pizza like object that Disney delivered to us once via room service at Port Orleans Riverside. I couldn't even eat one slice!

I truly love Disney more than anything, but I have had that exact same delivery EXPENSIVE pizza and it was not good!  Sorrentos blows it away!   Jane