Pizza in Cafe Promenade

mcoler18

The pizza at Sorrento's on the Harmony last month was good, if that means anything.  As stated, it's just comfort food...

31 minutes ago, mcoler18 said:

Am I right in saying that the pizza here has drastically improved over that last year or so?

I'd read before that is was terrible but have been reading recently that it is much improved.

13 minutes ago, FManke said:

You might have a bigger fight on your hands arguing the best pizza in NY!

Same thing here.

It's funny, when family and friends visit from out of state, they all want pizza, bagels (most actually take some back!) and a meal at a diner during their visit. They also want Carvel soft-serve ice cream if they don't have one where they live! ☺️

All pizza is good in my book... even had the real thing in Chicago a couple of times (my employer is based in Chicago). Delicious! ?

Just now, JohnK6404 said:

It's funny, when family and friends visit from out of state, they all want pizza, bagels (most actually take some back!) and a meal at a diner during their visit. They also want Carvel soft-serve ice cream if they don't have one where they live! ☺️

All pizza is good in my book... even had the real thing in Chicago a couple of times (my employer is based in Chicago). ?

Haha, did all those things first time in NYC!

I've had good and bad pizza all over the country. Yes, even here in Chicago! ?

Pizza like all things is very regional. Don't even get me started with hotdogs! I am a big fan of Nathan's though.

4 minutes ago, FManke said:

Don't even get me started with hotdogs! I am a big fan of Nathan's though.

Ha! Ha! At least you can get them anywhere! Yeah, I like Nathan's and Sabrett probably best... Hebrew National is OK too. 

Wow, I'm getting hungry with all this talk of food... where is the Windjammer when you need it!

11 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I know! If you go west of the Hudson River in neighboring counties or states, they put yellow mustard on hamburgers... even fast food chains... yuck! :51_scream:

We always have to ask first!

And some places even put ketchup on their hot dogs! Blasphemy I say!

33 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I like Nathan's and Sabrett probably best... Hebrew National is OK too. 

The absolute 2 best hot dogs are the ,"dirty water dogs" from the creepy guys' NYC street carts AND the ones in the store at Costco. They are huge, tasty and are still only $1.50 WITH a soda! OMG!!

42 minutes ago, FManke said:

Don't even get me started with hotdogs! I am a big fan of Nathan's though.

Ahem..... Dude-- if you and I go to Nathens and order 4 hot dogs, 2 orders of fries, and 2 large drinks you know that costs over $40, right?

Let's save a lot of money and stick with Gene and Jude's. 

3 minutes ago, bobroo said:

Ahem..... Dude-- if you and I go to Nathens and order 4 hot dogs, 2 orders of fries, and 2 large drinks you know that costs over $40, right?

Let's save a lot of money and stick with Gene and Jude's. 

Love Gene and Jude's. I like Nathan's when in NY.

25 minutes ago, Skid said:

The absolute 2 best hot dogs are the ,"dirty water dogs" from the creepy guys' NYC street carts AND the ones in the store at Costco. They are huge, tasty and are still only $1.50 WITH a soda! OMG!!

Agreed! Love the unknown with those dirty water dogs! The gambler in me loves it... a little like Russian Roulette!

Yes, Costco's monster hot dogs and soda w/ refills for $1.50 is nice... they take the loss knowing you can't leave the warehouse spending less than $100!

6 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

And don't forget Italian bread! SIL in NC took back 6 loaves last time.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, Traveler said:

And I will add  it's not a Naples pizza 

PhotoPictureResizer_190629_154629436-1040x780.jpg

20190625_202446-1008x756.jpg

I was looking forward to trying "real" pizza next year in Italy, but we are only going to be in Venice and I've read it's not as authentic as say Naples because they do not allow wood burning ovens in Venice. It's some kind of law?

7 hours ago, FManke said:

I was looking forward to trying "real" pizza next year in Italy, but we are only going to be in Venice and I've read it's not as authentic as say Naples because they do not allow wood burning ovens in Venice. It's some kind of law?

Correct , in Venice they are not allow open flame ovens just electric one , they want to avoid any fire risk inside the city. But outside the the city its allow so you can get a Pizza in  Venice Mistre.  

On 6/29/2019 at 4:24 AM, Sweety said:

Pizza is better. Once you tried the best (Chicago), nothing comes close.

Totally agree!!!   I think the pizza has improved in the last 3 years, but I'm not super picky.  Any pizza is good after the deluxe beverage pkg!  Jane