Brilliance Tampa Port

I sometimes browse Cruise Critic esp. if I have future sailings. A member posted that the Brilliance sailing out of Tampa in 2020 is changing the port schedule for a 5 day cruise from Key West & Cozumel to Key West and Coco Cay.  Just last week I booked via an RC rep a sailing on Jan 6, 2020 for a family member who specifically wants to tour KW & Cozumel.  Have any bloggers been alerted to this switch?  If this is indeed true, then I have to contact the RC rep sooner rather than later.  Thanks for any info.

I don't know if they are switching existing itineraries or simply starting to offer new itineraries that include CocoCay which typically haven't been offered from Tampa before.  

Is anyone offering a specific date for a cruise that has been re-routed or is it a case of someone noticing the newly offered itineraries and assuming they have been re-routed? 

I have seen Brilliance now has some 5 day cruises that include Coco Cay....that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.....Royal can switch and change at anytime they want to based on $$...so don't ever count o it 100% staying the same or getting what you booked if your set on a certain stop or destination.

29 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I have seen Brilliance now has some 5 day cruises that include Coco Cay....that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.....Royal can switch and change at anytime they want to based on $$...so don't ever count o it 100% staying the same or getting what you booked if your set on a certain stop or destination.

Correct, because even if a particular port remains on the itinerary, one never knows when bad weather will force a change.  I have planned on Key West only to have high winds force the ship to abort.  Recently Harmony cancelled Roatan,  Who knows when a tropical storm will strike Cozumel....Thus, I don't pick a cruise because of just one port, although I do consider the itinerary overall.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't know if they are switching existing itineraries or simply starting to offer new itineraries that include CocoCay which typically haven't been offered from Tampa before.  

Is anyone offering a specific date for a cruise that has been re-routed or is it a case of someone noticing the newly offered itineraries and assuming they have been re-routed? 

They are switching itineraries. It looks like about 6 itineraries during the period of February to April 2020 were changed from Key West and Cozumel, to Key West, Nassau, and CocoCay.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

My wife and I are schedule to sail the Brilliance from Tampa April 2021 4 nights.  The current port we are going to is Cozumel.  As of yet we have not been rerouted.  I wouldn't mind being routed to Perfect Day though.

Thanks for all the replies.  To clarify, I've cruised 20+ times on various cruise lines and ports have been changed while cruising, e.g. recent Jewel of the Seas cruise: port day was switched Santorini/Athens because too many ships were going to be in port at Santorini.  Or due to ocean current, unable to dock or tender in.  I was just a bit surprised to read that there would be a change in port right after I booked the cruise.  That said, it's now my understanding that the change in ports will not occur until Feb 2020 and I'm sailing January 2020.  Keep my fingers crossed...huh?