Boardwalk/Central Park Balcony Recommendations?

Melbae9

Hi Everyone,

Looking to make a reservation on Harmony. As much as I would love an ocean view balcony, its not in the budget. :angry:  :( Has anyone stayed in boardwalk or central park balconies? Advantages? Dislikes? Recommendations? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Thanks!

Mel  :)

Did Central Park Balcony on Allure, if I had it to do over i would either upgrade to Ocean view Balcony or drop to Oceanview Room (No Balcony).

Did not care for having a wall of balconies across from me.

Boardwalk Balcony might be different as you could watch the Aquatheater but still not crazy about the wall of balconies, If i have a balcony i want to sit, relax and enjoy the water not look at other people on their balconies looking at me :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Looking to make a reservation on Harmony. As much as I would love an ocean view balcony, its not in the budget. :angry:  :( Has anyone stayed in boardwalk or central park balconies? Advantages? Dislikes? Recommendations? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Thanks!

Mel  :)

If you are a people watcher like me you have to go with the Boardwalk balcony. Did it on Oasis and have the same exact stateroom booked on Harmony 4/1/17.  Ocean view, Aqua Theater, and you can laugh at the people that chicken out on the zip-line. Most of the time is was peaceful but they is a lot to see. 

I had a Central Park balcony on the Allure group cruise in February.  I enjoyed the view, the room was great, and the price was right.  Personally, I really wish I'd had a view of the ocean, but the OV balcony prices were just too high when I booked.  I know that many have found some partial ocean views in Boardwalk balcony staterooms, especially the higher decks all of the way aft.

We went with the central park balcony and liked it.

More of a low key feel than the boardwalk, which we prefer. Seeing the shows in the Aqua Theater would be nice but we didn't mind walking down to see the shows up front.

We also liked the plants and trees, the classical music was good too. Central park has a very romantic feel.

We went on the same sailing as Matt, in fact if you look at his pictures you'll see his shots were looking right at my balcony. He's like that :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
29 minutes ago, Flacruiser99 said:

The ones with the double wide Balcony would be my pick.

Those are the ones that end in 229 or 629.  If you are a light sleeper and not an early riser, there is quite a bit of noise in those rooms from the crew area which is next to these rooms.  I believe it's a place where they bring up and stage the morning room service orders.

My wife and I are considering a central park balcony to help reduce cost for a NYE sailing in the next couple of years.  We want to have the fresh air coming in, but we can bring ourselves to pay for the ocean view prices.  I will say that we did not look right when the sailings were released.  I am hoping to find a better price when they first open up and can allow myself to book the ocean view balcony.  

We both do not want to have a room on the boardwalk as we feel it would be nosier.  The chance to see the aqua show is a great bonus to those who do book the boardwalk rooms.

2 hours ago, pmh said:

So I know this is an old topic but what floor/location would be the best for a Central Park Balcony.  Thnks

I would try to avoid 14 on principle. Sometimes you can hear people on the pool deck.

I do think that Central Park is pretty chill, but I also find it a little lacking in terms of breeze on the lower levels. So for me, 11-12 would be the ideal decks.

We stayed in a Boardwalk room on Symphony....deck 10, about half way front to aft.  I really loved the room and would have no problem booking it again (aside from the price). It was a lot of fun to people watch, and even see the Aqua show or a movie from afar.  (Wouldn't watch the show for the first time from there, but to see again).  You can also see the water or port in the distance if looking towards the Aqua theatre.

There was muffled noise at night ....especially when it was a movie that was playing....but nothing that a pair of ear plugs didn't solve.

23 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

We stayed in a Boardwalk room on Symphony....deck 10, about half way front to aft.  I really loved the room and would have no problem booking it again (aside from the price). It was a lot of fun to people watch, and even see the Aqua show or a movie from afar.  (Wouldn't watch the show for the first time from there, but to see again).  You can also see the water or port in the distance if looking towards the Aqua theatre.

There was muffled noise at night ....especially when it was a movie that was playing....but nothing that a pair of ear plugs didn't solve.

Debating a Boardwalk v Central Park.  How long do the movies run?   Do they cut off at a particular time thus ending the noise issue you mention?  Thanks

I was pleasantly surprised with my Central Park Balcony on deck 12 on Oasis -  I usually took stairs to get up on deck, and the evening music was lovely. It was not a loud room, one sea day afternoon I could hear the steel drum bands, but it was a SEA DAY! So that was OK with me. 

And unlike the ocean view balconies I have had, I did not experience any neighbors smoking. That alone was great... I think they would be caught by all the others watching them from across the way. 

10 hours ago, pmh said:

Debating a Boardwalk v Central Park.  How long do the movies run?   Do they cut off at a particular time thus ending the noise issue you mention?  Thanks

Can't remember the cut off time, but don't remember it being an issue after 11pm or 12pm?  

We did quite enjoy the Boardwalk room (and haven't been in Central Park room), but it's a personal preference.