Labadee coaster

CherylPryor

I was thinking about booking a coaster excursion for our upcoming stop at Labadee. It says that children under 12 must ride in the cart with an adult. It ALSO says that if you book a ticket you can take someone in your cart for free! So, should I just book a ticket to for myself and my husband.....and the kids get to go for free?

We are thinking about doing the aquapark and coaster combo! So I think I will just book kids the aquapark and the adults book the aquapark/coaster combo.

Be aware that the coaster is an alpine type, where you sit in the seat and put on a seat belt with a hand brake in the front. Any child rider will sit in front of the adult and has a lap belt only, not a 3-point belt. If you have your child ride with you then you'll want to be control of the brake as it takes a bit of strength to pull it back. Nice thing about it is that you can go as fast or slow as you're comfortable with. Just watch for the warning signs where you must brake ahead of reaching the end of the ride, plus one or two other spots where they warn you to slow down ahead of a sharp curve. 

Definitely don't recommend two adults in one car, but one adult and one child should be fine.

I found it's much better to do the coaster when you first arrive; everyone else is checking out the beach, doing the zip line, and other things. You can really get your money's worth from an unlimited coaster pass at this time of day, I was able to ride it five times in a little over an hour. If you go later in the afternoon like my wife and kids did, the line gets long and you'll be hard-pressed to ride it more than once or twice before you have to board the ship.

We loved the coaster and I agree go first thing when you get there and you could ride it over and over.  We did not take kids with us but my understanding was that they could ride with a paying rider for free between the ages 5 to 11. 12 and up need a ticket and ride alone.  We only saw kids that size riding with another person.  No two adults on one cart while we were there.