Bucket List Cruise?

FManke

1 minute ago, rtread said:

Well, I thought we had booked our bucket list cruise a few months ago when my wife said she wanted to see the Hawaiian Islands. So I made it happen for this August.

Then......friends enlisted us into a Greek Isles cruise for next June. 

Is it ok to have two buckets on your list?

Of course! Buckets come in all sizes!

Looking forward to our Greek Isles cruise next Oct.

Just now, rtread said:

I think I saw a mention of your upcoming Greek Isle cruise....what is the itinerary?

Leave out of Venice. Kotor, Montenegro, then Corfu, Athens, Mykonos and Angostoli, Greece. Only one sea day. Last day.

Just now, rtread said:

Sorry.....left this thread and saw your post on the other thread with the ports you were going to make. Looks like a busy and fun schedule!

It does. Looking at only doing a couple of excursions, probably Kotor and Athens. Going to take it easy on the other port days, too much running around last cruise. 

1 minute ago, FManke said:

It does. Looking at only doing a couple of excursions, probably Kotor and Athens. Going to take it easy on the other port days, too much running around last cruise. 

That's what I just told my wife.....no way we can do excursions at each of the ports! Not enough energy OR money to do that. Probably get some good R&R on the balcony!

Great topic.  Unfortunately for me there is not one solid answer.  If I had to select one itinerary it would be Galapagos.  I have too many cruise “things” I would like to do.  

Here are a few of the items I want to check off or have completed.

- cross Arctic Circle - done

- transit Panama Canal - done

- Trans- Atlantic - fall 2019

- Trans- Pacific/Dateline - booked Spring 2021

- Cross Equator

- Antarctica 

Christmas Market Cruise on the Danube River. I have always wanted to see Vienna, Prague, and Budapest and think cruise is the best way. Christmas Market cruise just for the weather and festivity of the season, not that I want to buy that much. Our first ever cruise is next Dec but just FLL to Cozumel and back, just to see how we like cruising. I have been told many times that once you cruise you're hooked for life.

Sorry! I have a few, not necessarily in order:

(1) Alaskan cruise tour... the whole package... glass roof train, Denali, etc... maybe 14+ nights.

(2) Just any nice B2B (14-nights or longer)

(3) Mediterranean cruise (more Italy, Greece)

(4) Hawaiian cruise

(5) Asia (focused more on Japan and historical ports, not major modern cities)

.... one day.... ?

24 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Sorry! I have a few, not necessarily in order:

(1) Alaskan cruise tour... the whole package... glass roof train, Denali, etc... maybe 14+ nights.

(2) Just any nice B2B (14-nights or longer)

(3) Mediterranean cruise (more Italy, Greece)

(4) Hawaiian cruise

(5) Asia (focused more on Japan and historical ports, not major modern cities)

.... one day.... ?

This is mine, but replace #5 with a world cruise... one of the 120+ day sailings. You know, when I win the lottery! ?  

1 minute ago, melmar02 said:

This is mine, but replace #5 with a world cruise... one of the 120+ day sailings. You know, when I win the lottery! ?  

For that long on board, I'd think you'd have to win the lottery just to keep up with the laundry charges!

I know that this would take quite a bit of cash as well as quite a bit of suitcases, but I would love to do the 10 day Hawaiian island cruise and then get off of the ship in British Columbia as it switches gears and then heads up to Alaska for 10-14 days!  I have already priced it, and it will happen after I retire in about 6 years! I think that it would be absolutely AMAZING! 

2 hours ago, AJK said:

I have been told many times that once you cruise you're hooked for life.

One of the reasons being that dollar for dollar, it is most likely the best vacation value. And as much as people talk about the recent nickel and diming, our experience has been that cruising now is less than it was 10 years ago. 

My wife more or less concurred with me on a cruise from Hawaii to Tahiti.

As for the value, yes, because resort hotels charge for everything.  Rooms are well over $200 per night, breakfast buffet is usually over $20 with tax and tip, and everything you eat or drink is a la carte except for mediocre in-room coffee.  Most resorts don't have the daytime music we enjoy on a cruise, and probably a single band in the bar at night, with very high drink prices.  Whenever I compare most RCI cruises to resorts or Cocoa Beach hotels, I see value in cruising.  I just avoid the scandalous last-minute pricing on some ships/ports.

Well...I can keep Cuba on the list, but likely will not get there after the first one for cancelled!  So many places to go!

1.  Greece and Italy....check that off this summer!

2.  Alaska!  

3.  I'd like to do a Transatlantic or Hawaii but I don't think I can get my husband to agree to that many sea days! 

4 Australia/new Zealand

5 maybe Asia....

Obviously around the world would be freaking awesome but we aren't gonna win a big enough lottery...I still have 1.5 college tuitions left to pay!  Jane

My bucket list holiday is to go around the world without using a plane.

BUT... this is not a round the world cruise.

• I had played around with a money/time is no object itinerary a while ago.... it was:
  • Australia to Singapore - Singapore to Dubai - Dubai to Barcelona  (a B2B2B cruise).
  • Then spend time traveling through Europe by land.... ending up in London for a transatlantic crossing (the one I saw was not a RCI cruise... but went Southampton to New York via Iceland).
  • Spend time on land touring the USA.
  • Then USA back to Australia via Hawaii - Transpacific.

it was a good 7 months of travel.... but it would be awesome.  I just need to win the lottery now.