Has Smart Casual Disappeared?

I know... I know... another dress code topic! Feel free to roll your eyes at me (part of me is rolling them at myself). ?

I was looking at the most recent Cruise Compass for Liberty so I could start to plan our evening attire. There are 4 casual nights, 1 Caribbean/tropical, and the usual 2 formal nights listed. Did I miss smart casual nights turning into plain old casual nights? 

1 minute ago, melmar02 said:

I know... I know... another dress code topic! Feel free to roll your eyes at me (part of me is rolling them at myself). ?

I was looking at the most recent Cruise Compass for Liberty so I could start to plan our evening attire. There are 4 casual nights, 1 Caribbean/tropical, and the usual 2 formal nights listed. Did I miss smart casual nights turning into plain old casual nights? 

Yes.. These days its either Casual or Formal nights.. 

3 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

I concur, smart casual seems to have disappeared except for specialty restaurants.  One or two of those were listed as smart casual on my last cruise.

11 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

We were noticing the same thing during our Allure cruise last month!

5 casual nights (1 was Caribbean Casual and 1 was Casual White) and 2 formal nights. I didn’t need my collared shirts and Dockers!

In theory, the Diamond Lounge still wants slacks and collared shirts during the cocktail hours, and they do enforce the dress code on Harmony of the Seas during formal nights.  I saw that last month.

19 minutes ago, CKing said:

For the casual/Caribbean nights is that like a Hawaiian shirt and shorts?

Also I am going on Harmony in November 2019 and Formal night for men, would dress pants and button down shirt be enough?

On formal nights, the minimum would be a collared shirt and pants, but a sport coat or tie would jazz it up and be consistent with guidelines.  Collared shirt and slacks is the "normal" guideline for MDR, and formal night is a step up.  But you won't be uncomfortable in shirt and slacks - you won't get strange stares or anything.

On Caribbean night an Hawaiian shirt would be perfect, but the MDR wants long pants rather than shorts.  "Casual" in the MDR never means shorts at dinner time (OK for brekkie or lunch.)  Now this is the guideline, but there are people who don't comply.   If you have only one pair of long pants, I would save them for formal night.  I usually pack a suit and wear it twice.  Dockers and collared shirts take care of the rest of the MDR or Specialty Restaurant nights.  But then I strive to follow the guidelines in deference to folks who want to celebrate their special occasions in style.

5 hours ago, CKing said:

For the casual/Caribbean nights is that like a Hawaiian shirt and shorts?

Also I am going on Harmony in November 2019 and Formal night for men, would dress pants and button down shirt be enough?

You would be fine.   This is what we will be doing in Europe this summer, as we don't want the weight of a sport coat in the suitcase.  Jane