Enchantment of the Sea

tredin18

Thanks Matt.  If you buy a drink at a bar can you wander around the boat and bring it back to the stateroom?

Doc's exactly correct! Every evening on Freedom, I'd stop at R Bar, grab a drink, take it back to the room, and sip on it while showering and getting ready for dinner. You're on a Royal Caribbean cruise! You're ROYALTY!!! You can do almost anything you'd like to do (except for streaking in the Centrum!).

Doc's exactly correct! Every evening on Freedom, I'd stop at R Bar, grab a drink, take it back to the room, and sip on it while showering and getting ready for dinner. You're on a Royal Caribbean cruise! You're ROYALTY!!! You can do almost anything you'd like to do (except for streaking in the Centrum!).

You actually CAN streak in the Centrum, but you can only do it once and won't likely be allowed on another Royal Caribbean cruise, but you COULD do it.

Incidentally, the only time I've been to Chops was on Enchantment and I actually wasn't impressed... though, this seems most likely related to the fact that we had the head chef and a couple of high ranking RCCL Executives dining a couple tables away from us. Some of our sides got mixed up/forgotten and we felt pretty forgotten about at times. Chalking it up to bad luck (and a nervous waiter) and looking forward to trying it again!

Incidentally, the only time I've been to Chops was on Enchantment and I actually wasn't impressed... though, this seems most likely related to the fact that we had the head chef and a couple of high ranking RCCL Executives dining a couple tables away from us. Some of our sides got mixed up/forgotten and we felt pretty forgotten about at times. Chalking it up to bad luck (and a nervous waiter) and looking forward to trying it again!

We had a similar experience on our first time, too, on the Jewel. However, we gave it a second and now third chance and it has been spot on since.

I have never been on the Enchantment so take my opinion for what it's worth - generic and not specific to a ship.

I find the food in the MDR to be very good and do not feel it is necessary to EVER eat in a specialty restaurant.  I have certainly eaten in all of the specialty restaurants before....but in the end, it is really not necessary to spend more money when the complimentary food is absolutely good enough.

I am not overly fond of the Windjammer, but that is b/c I have bit of a bias against ANY buffet style, but for a buffet, even the Windjammer is ok.

I have never had a bad meal in Chops and I have never had a bad meal in Portofinos/Giovannis.  Maybe I'm just easy to please....