Loss of Travel Insurance

Skid

This is not exactly about Royal Caribbean, but can certainly affect many of us here. Citibank has announced that they will be discontinuing many benefits associated with their credit cards including travel insurance.

Their Costco Visa had better coverage and cash back than the BOA RCL card and I have booked 2 future cruises using it. I just called Citi and was told that the effective date is Sept 22 and as long as the bookings were made before that, we are covered. I hope we don't have to find out the hard way if that is true!

I'll have to read more details, especially because we have paid just the deposits so far and not in full.

Anyway, here is a link to one of the many articles about this change. If you have used your Citi cards for any travel, price protection, etc. you may need to re evaluate. 

It's possible the insurance coverage wasn't all that great.  Usually professional travel insurance is  more comprehensive, but it depends what you want covered (medical vs. changing your mind because of a work crisis or fears of losing luggage).  I would work backward from what you need, and then determine if CC benefits really fit the bill.