Onboard account question

TFinNC

My son and his girlfriend will be sailing with us in July. He has a credit card on file for his account already through online check-in, however, I would like to know if I am able to apply a cash payment to his account once onboard as a birthday present to him?

Yes..you should be able to go to Guest Services when you board and add cash to the account.  Remember, anything that doesn't get used will be refunded to him so it may be easier to just give him the cash, although much less of a fun surprise that way.  You also should be able to call Royal and buy OBC to apply to his account.  Doing it that way will save you from having to deal with Guest Services.

We just completed a family cruise and were easily able to apply a cash payment against several different accounts. It is easy and painless.

If you want to avoid applying more than has been spent, check the account balance on your TV (if offered) or get an account print out from Guest Services prior to making the payment.

Concur with the above.  I once lost my wallet but another guest returned it to Guest Services.  They wouldn't reveal who it was, but Guest Services took the cash I gave them and added it to their Sea Pass account.

Another thought is to buy them a portrait on formal night....

Hi TFinNC, another suggestion is in the Royal Gifts section, a gift certificate! I bought this for my friend, two things :  1-there is a limit on when you need to spend by. If the gift certificate $ is not used by 10 days before the cruise, you turn it into onboard credit. You do not get $ refunded back to you. 2- there was just a crummy email when i bought it, THIS BLOG has a SUPER great template for cruise “tickets”. I added the adobe editing ( its free for 7 days) and added a personal note on the “ ticket” cut it down to size and placed it into a card. She was thrilled to be able to buy a spa day, or a bottle of alcohol or an excursion fir the cruise at her discretion. Fyi, you get a special code emailed to you that took four days to get, (just in case your in a hurry to get the code) & apply towards an upcoming cruise.