Sold out Thrill Waterpark

RyanGrow10

Hello all, here is our rundown  CocoCay June 17 HOTS. We were the only ship, i kept checking cruiseMapper.com since Cuba issue took place. One ship and Thrill Water Park sold out about 1 or 2 weeks before our sail day. The weekend grand re-opening (i think May) the price was $38 and we bought it.. then two days later shot up to $129 per person and sold out. My friend missed buying for herself and kids, tried once on the ship, no go..all sold out.  

14 hours ago, Hoski said:

Could you imagine if they didn't set a limit?  6,000 people trying to use the slides, etc.  There may be more available later and I'm sure Royal will sell enough that it will be way overcrowded.

Not an issue...there are about 6000 on the ship and they aren't all trying to using the slides on the ship....no different on cocoa cay..just a $$ grab like a lot of things Royal does now unfortunately.....the cost of Cabana's etc at Coco Cay is absurd compared to what they used to go for.

Its like everything else..they start off low and slowly start to increase the price till they fool the masses into think that double what the price was awhile ago is now such a good deal.

1 minute ago, monctonguy said:

Not an issue...there are about 6000 on the ship and they aren't all trying to using the slides on the ship....no different on cocoa cay..just a $$ grab like a lot of things Royal does now unfortunately.....the cost of Cabana's etc at Coco Cay is absurd compared to what they used to go for.

Its like everything else..they start off low and slowly start to increase the price till they fool the masses into think that double what the price was awhile ago is now such a good deal.

It's like every thing in life.  The market dictates pricing.  If people aren't buying them it's priced too high.  If they are selling well it's priced right.  If they sell out quickly the price is too low. 

Consumers ultimately dictate the prices.  Same with drink packages and specialty dining and excursions and just about every thing else.  

They shouldn't build it and offer it and market it if they cant handle the demand. Imagine ppl that get caught up and book a cruise for this huge water park and cabanas etc at Perfect Cay..only to find out that it cost more than the cruise itself..or even worse..NO amount of money in the world will allow them to use and enjoy it.

Then some people will say, well there are lots of other things free to enjoy at coco cay...well, that was true before all the hype and renovations.

I think its appalling that they would build it and market it and try to sell it like crazy..only to turn ppl away cause there is no room. Its not like buying a car or booking a hotel where you just go to the next one......this is the ONLY option once you paid for the cruise. If you cant use what they have sold you on...before you even get there!!!!,,,you should be able to cancel your cruise with a FULL refund.

They are selling you or marketing or deceiving you on a product you cant buy......but you cant back out once its past that 90 day window(without losing $, and them making$)...you cant win!

40+ cruises and never done a cabana on any cruise line.  

Recently at an all inclusive resort cabanas were offered much cheaper than CocoCay and I still didn't get one.  

A cabana is NOT required to have a great day at CocoCay.  

As far as the water park selling out no water park in the world has infinite capacity.  If they don't limit the volume of passengers trying to share slides there will be long lines and complaints that people can't use the slides they paid for.  

All excursions are capacity controlled.  No excursion is offered with infinite space for the whole ship.  

What am I missing?  Why is this a surprise or a controversy?

I could argue each point with you forever..and many here will agree with me and many with you.

I wont waste my time or yours coming back with an augment for each point you made.

Facts are facts..its very expensive....limited access ......and there will be disappointed and upset families when they cant enjoy these things for whatever reason or justification you want to come up with in defense of RCI.

The Diff is with Disney, the closures are done in tiers.  Basically, if you're staying on Disney property on a package with tickets, you will be one of the last turned away.  Also, its usually just the MK reaching capacity and only for about the first half of the day on those days.