What was your first cruise?

Jill

On 6/25/2019 at 11:53 PM, Magandsons said:

My honeymoon cruise in 1998 ❤️ We went to the Caribbean on Monarch of the Seas a week after we said "I do".

We cruised Monarch in her inaugural year then again in 1994. Both times to the Southern Caribbean. I remember thinking how “large” she was. Lol We just returned to the Southern Caribbean this past March on Freedom. 

On 6/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, KathyC said:

Majesty of the Seas  - 1992 - brand new megaship, she was three months old.  Fell in love with cruising very quickly.  Still remember our entertainment - back when they actually had "name" entertainers.  Fifth Dimension and Jerry Van Dyke.  True headliner entertainment. 

We sailed Monarch in 1991 (sister to Majesty and Sovereign) and Red Buttons was the entertainment! 

Disney Magic last May for the Western Med. Loved it so much that we took a Greek Isles (RCCL) cruise in November with the whole family, and then just did MSC Seaview (Western Med) this May, just her and I, for my wife's birthday (won't say which one, but a significant milestone) and our fini trip in Europe. And YOLO booked a cruise on Mariner for next June with my wife and her sisters/husbands.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, Skid said:

We were on Symphony last month and it was our first time on an Oasis Class ship. I think you and your family will absolutely love this ship. You will be amazed at how big she is and still doesn't ever seem crowded.

Happy sailing!

@Skid thanks a lot! The ship looks absolutely stunning when you view videos and photos of her. I can't imagine how we'll enjoy aboard!!!

First cruise was on Carnival's Festivale in 1987..   Still remember being in port in Martinique with the original LOVE BOAT docked next to us.. Yep, the Pacific Princess.. couldn't help humming the song.. 

First Royal Caribbean cruise, on the Monarch of the Seas in 1995..   

Smallest Cruise Ship:  MS Caribe ,  21,000 tons..  1988..   Be interested in hearing folks smallest ship too.. especially with all the large ships today.. Interesting on Caribe..  it was setup as an old ocean liner with separation of classes.. Had to go down and back before going up to get to many places.