What was your first cruise?

Jill

7 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

My dream is to have enough money and time (after I win the lottery)

I've been playing for 10 years another kind of lottery: the Diversity Lottery, so that my family can settle down in the US. But no luck so far...

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No need to expound but not a pleasant time.

Exactly what I was saying in my post. I have heard that Princess and HAL are OK, but because I won't contribute to Carnival they are "dead to me" also. Sorry, but I REALLY like Shark Tank. ?

Spring break 1990 (7th grade). Southern Caribbean on Song of Norway. 

4 of us crammed in an inside cabin. My parents and I almost missed the boat in Barbados - hired a cab driver to take us around the island, lost track of time and then he got a flat on the way back to the ship. They were pulling up the gangplank as we were running towards the ship. My 16-yr-old brother stayed on the ship that day and had no clue what happened. 

My first cruise was before Disney Lines started and the family did a combo 4 days at Disney and 3 nights on the Big Red Boat. Had a blast. Very informal and there was a midnight buffet one night and a chocolate midnight presentation on another night. Most memorable part was finding my 15 year old daughter at the pool bar drinking an alcohol  Strawberry Daquiri with a crew member. Yes I did create a scene!!! ?

1 hour ago, DRLPP said:

My first cruise was before Disney Lines started and the family did a combo 4 days at Disney and 3 nights on the Big Red Boat. Had a blast. Very informal and there was a midnight buffet one night and a chocolate midnight presentation on another night. Most memorable part was finding my 15 year old daughter at the pool bar drinking an alcohol  Strawberry Daquiri with a crew member. Yes I did create a scene!!! ?

Wow, is the dude still breathing?  

My 1st cruise was on the Carnival Carnivale Nov of 1978.

7 day stopping in San Juan, St Croix and Santo Dimingo.

I won 1st place in a costume contest, and we had dinner with the Captain. At the dinner there was the main entertainer Robert Goulet and Betty White.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Empress_of_Britain_(1955)

1 minute ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I won 1st place in a costume contest, and we had dinner with the Captain. At the dinner there was the main entertainer Robert Goulet and Betty White.

Wow! That was quite a cruise.....those are some BIG names!

47 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Throw in Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence and you've got a Merv Griffin show!

On 6/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, PhantomWolf said:

Went on Majesty of the Seas back in 97, when she was one of the newer ships.  Will be headed back on the water this fall and am looking forward to doing things that I couldn't do when I was 10.  I'm sure Navigator will be quite the change from what I saw 22 years ago.

Majesty (Western) in 1995!  My daughter was just going into the 11th grade.  Wow - seems so long ago.  We had our one and only inside cabin.  It was so small that we had to go out into the hall to change our mind! LOL.  One night we had very rough seas and walking back to our room we were all over the place.  My daughter was laughing saying that everyone would think that she was drunk! 

1 hour ago, rtread said:

Robert Goulet and Betty White

51 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Throw in Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence and you've got a Merv Griffin show!

I'm guessing that half the members on this blog never heard of any of those people! And for those who don't, Betty White is now 97 years old and loved around the world.

625836007_Betty-White-97th-Birthday20(1).thumb.jpg.810d420302b739ac873ebc4abc1469cb.jpg

This is her in 1976

betty-white-holding-her-emmy-award-in-the-press-room-at-the-news-photo-865841252-1546281580.jpg.279a3f8198c7e403b203d01e505daa96.jpg

Just now, Skid said:

I'm guessing that half the members on this blog never heard of any of these people! And for those who don't, Betty White is now 97 years old and loved around the world.

625836007_Betty-White-97th-Birthday20(1).thumb.jpg.810d420302b739ac873ebc4abc1469cb.jpg

This is her in 1976

betty-white-holding-her-emmy-award-in-the-press-room-at-the-news-photo-865841252-1546281580.jpg.279a3f8198c7e403b203d01e505daa96.jpg

She was hilarious as Sue Ann on the Mary Tyler Moore show! She and Ted would always be going at it! And what a tie in: Gavin MacLeod (sp?) as Murray Slaughter the writer. . .who became Captain Stubing (sp?) on the Love Boat!

2 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

1994 Majesty of The Seas!  7 Nights - Miami to Cozumel Mexico, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman, ad CoCo Cay. 

It only took 25 years to go on cruise #2 (Empress June 2019...but will be on #3 (Adventure May2010) less than a year later!

Assuming you mean 2020 for Adventure, which sailing? We are on May 3.

First cruise was a 5 night from NJ to Canada in 2004.  The bus ride from PA was a mess as the driver actually waited too long for no shows, making us late at the port, etc.  Then the muster was during our dinner hour, so there was a bit of a revolt at the MDR when everyone with early seating showed up late.  We were told to go to the WJ, but we had our heart set on the MDR, and the staff accommodated us after a wait.  That taught me to be more flexible and not expect perfection.  The cruise itself was a delight, and I enjoyed the Voyager.  Saw whales, found a couple of coin shops in Canada, did our own excursions without any problems.  I even lost my son in a men's room, panicked like any new father, and was greatly relieved when he returned on his own to our stateroom.  Smart kid!  The other take away is that 5 nights is too short for me....now I yearn for something over 7 days with a few sea days to relax.  I have learned to trust RCI staff and use them when I can't solve my own problems.   Since then we cruised whenever we didn't need to go house-hunting or visit family.

Hi, our first cruise was in 2007 - MSC Sinfonia (Valencia - Malta - Tunisia - Civitavecchia - Genova - Montecarlo - Valencia) with my wife , our 2 years old son and my political parents. In 2008 - MSC Musica (Bari - Katakolon - Santorini/Mykonos - Athens - Corfú - Dubrovnik - Venice - Bari) only with my wife. A lot of years after we travel on Freedom Of The Seas 2017 (Barcelona - Marseille - Villefranche - La Spezia - Civitavecchia - Naples - Barcelona) with my wife and our two sons, my mother, my political parents, my brother in law with his wife and his little boy.

Now we are expecting for the next... next week (6th July) from Miami on Symphony Of The Seas for a Western Caribbean and Perfect Day at Cococay Cruise. We are very excited and nervous. This time my wife, our two sons (14 & 10 years old) and me. Tic, tac, tic, tac... counting the seconds to travel.

Cruising is a great way for travelling, knowing places and people... this cruise will be the next but I think that it not will be the last.

2 hours ago, MDIAZ72 said:

Cruising is a great way for travelling, knowing places and people... this cruise will be the next but I think that it not will be the last.

My thoughts, exactly. Once you have been to sea, it gets in your blood. Enjoy the Caribbean! It's a wonderful part of the world.

8 hours ago, MDIAZ72 said:

Now we are expecting for the next... next week (6th July) from Miami on Symphony Of The Seas

We were on Symphony last month and it was our first time on an Oasis Class ship. I think you and your family will absolutely love this ship. You will be amazed at how big she is and still doesn't ever seem crowded.

Happy sailing!

My first was in 2013 on Oasis of the seas, prior to this I really had NO desire to get on a cruise ship, then the wife talked me into going and (cough cough) I am going to reluctantly say........that...she...was RIGHT! ( Yes ladies I said it, she was right, and I am glad I listened to her!!?)   I fell in love within the first few hours onboard and have not looked back since, definitely one of the times that listening paid off!?