Cruise Director list

Bob_KY

23 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

I liked following this post, but is there anyone else that feels this needs a new start?

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Joe01 would know more.

I think @Joe01 has done a really good job with this. However, with his Harmony B2B almost here, I'm sure the Harmony CD is the only one he cares about right now.

Just now, Skid said:

I think @Joe01 has done a really good job with this. However, with his Harmony B2B almost here, I'm sure the Harmony CD is the only one he cares about right now.

Thank you. And yes, my priorities are on the Harmony. Fingers crossed that Marc is a good CD.

With regards to the list here, I'm not getting info regarding the CD's now. In addition, the CD List on CC is now totally substandard so I'm not bothering getting info from that. The AM List there was always terrible. The only info I'm getting is from any CD's that I follow on social media.

Marc did a great job on the Love and Marriage show last month, but he was not as visible around the ship as I was used to.  So either I don't go to his activities, or the Harmony is to big, or he has a different style. Ping pong. (or something like that is his code trademark).

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Marc did a great job on the Love and Marriage show last month, but he was not as visible around the ship as I was used to.  So either I don't go to his activities, or the Harmony is to big, or he has a different style. Ping pong. (or something like that is his code trademark).

I found the cd on allure to be absent a lot too...I’m totally chalking it up to big ship and can’t be a million places at once.  Jane

5 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Yeah - the CD is not visible much on Oasis Class due to the size and the fact that they have more admin work to do than on a smaller ship.

Yes, a lot of admin work. To add to that, our embarkation  day on Symphony was the Captain's first day on that ship also! CD Mike (who is great) had to spend a lot of time with him. But he got around as best he could on his segway.

20190519_110826-580x1031.thumb.jpg.3d395d800e30ae1fb25a8563280ba40c.jpg.e019b49606d15d647b7fcce0b12d9019.jpg

3 hours ago, packercruising said:

We have never gotten excited about whoever the CD is. Everyone must have better luck or different viewpoints, but we have only had a few that we really liked. The rest were fine, except for the one on Celebrity who was really horrible.

I still remember steve from our very first cruise on vision...with the smaller ship he was everywhere, even saying hello in the hallways.  On all my other cruises I haven’t really paid attention that much.  Jane

Joff Eaton who was for years on the Independence has left to work with P&O if what I was told from Guest Relations staff to be true, also heard from some the reasons why, but not sure whether to believe it. Regardless of the reasons, he’s left a very big hole behind that the new CD just can’t fill. 

3 hours ago, 3trinitythree said:

Joff Eaton who was for years on the Independence has left to work with P&O if what I was told from Guest Relations staff to be true, also heard from some the reasons why, but not sure whether to believe it. Regardless of the reasons, he’s left a very big hole behind that the new CD just can’t fill. 

Joff is on Ovation of the Seas - still on Royal.

23 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I still remember steve from our very first cruise on vision...with the smaller ship he was everywhere, even saying hello in the hallways.  On all my other cruises I haven’t really paid attention that much.  Jane

There have been a few that we have talked to during the cruise and told they were doing a good job. 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, Skid said:

Yes, a lot of admin work. To add to that, our embarkation  day on Symphony was the Captain's first day on that ship also! CD Mike (who is great) had to spend a lot of time with him. But he got around as best he could on his segway.

20190519_110826-580x1031.thumb.jpg.3d395d800e30ae1fb25a8563280ba40c.jpg.e019b49606d15d647b7fcce0b12d9019.jpg

We had Mike last Halloween when we were on Grandeur ..... one of the funniest CD's we'd ever come across ..... He was awesome AND everywhere.

3 hours ago, coneyraven said:

We had Mike last Halloween when we were on Grandeur ..... one of the funniest CD's we'd ever come across ..... He was awesome AND everywhere.

Did you get to see his magic show? He did it pre show one night before telling his history. First he made everyone laugh and then he made some cry! He is quite a guy. @Lovetocruise2002 says it's because he's Canadian.