Kids club

In regards to the kids club, do we have to register our kid right when we get on the boat?  Is there ever a time when the club is too full that they won’t accept any kids?  In case there was an emergency, how would they get a hold of the parents? Since my kid is 5, would she need to wear her sea pass card or she’s too young?  

21 minutes ago, Kelly N said:

In regards to the kids club, do we have to register our kid right when we get on the boat?  Is there ever a time when the club is too full that they won’t accept any kids?  In case there was an emergency, how would they get a hold of the parents? Since my kid is 5, would she need to wear her sea pass card or she’s too young?  

Hi Kelly.

You do not have to register on Day 1 but it will help. Your Cruise Compass will display the opening time for the Kids' Club, so get there when doors open would be my recommendation.

I believe they can turn kids away at busy times but am led to believe this is exceptionally rare.

Not sure how they contact parents. From memory I think there are pagers available if your child has special needs?  I dunno, someone else will need to confirm this one.

You will need to hang on to your daughter's seapass for sure.  My kids were 3 and 5 last cruise and that's what I did.

For our three year old granddaughter on Freedom last week, they gave us a phone each time we checked her in and we returned it when picking her up. They never needed to contact us but the capability was there.

The kids also get a wristband that indicates their muster station. If there was a need, the crew can identify where the kids are supposed to go.

10 hours ago, Kelly N said:

In regards to the kids club, do we have to register our kid right when we get on the boat?

There is open house and registration usually around 1pm and lasts for a few hours. This is the best time to register your kids because you can walk around and explore the space, meet the staff, and ask questions.

You can opt to register later in the sailing, but in terms of convenience, it's best to do it on the first day.

Is there ever a time when the club is too full that they won’t accept any kids?

Yes, it's theoretically possible. RC maintains a staff-to-child ratio. In all my cruises, I heard it threatened once but I don't think it actually happened.

In case there was an emergency, how would they get a hold of the parents?

PA system. They also have access to your dining schedule.

Since my kid is 5, would she need to wear her sea pass card or she’s too young?

Nope, not necessary.

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

My son started cruising at 7 and enjoyed Adventure Ocean or teen clubs immensely.  We started him Day 1.  At one time there was optional paid babysitting for "after hours".  Not sure if that is still available or how it works.

I believe the after-hour charge is $7 per hour per child.   I'm guessing that has to be arranged ahead of time because I've read if you don't pick them up by 10 o'clock, it's a dollar per minute charge per child; but they don't start charging until the 16th minute.

17 hours ago, Kelly N said:

We've used the kids club twice recently on both the Navigator and the Empress and I will give you our experiences.

It's best to register the first day and get the details.  They have registration in the afternoon and evening.

We did not run into a full kids club in December 2018 or May 2019 but they did tell us the capacity and if we wanted to make sure she got in to be there at the beginning of the session.  We only used it for the evening session and the after 10 babysitting.  After 10 is $7 an hour till 2 am.  If you aren't there by 10 you get charged in 15 minute increments at a much higher rate. 

Age 3 and under or special needs gets a pager.  What they consider special needs varies by ship.  In December we did not get a pager for our daughter but in May we did.  Otherwise they try to call you at the cabin or track you down.  They do have access to your schedule if you have things scheduled. 

They won't need their sea pass on them, just bring it with you.  You or anyone picking them up also needs theirs.  In December (but not May) they gave our daughter a lanyard in AO so we had her carry her card until she lost it then decided that wasn't a good idea.  She is 7

In October we plan to have her try the day time program and keep her out more at night because she likes shows so I want to take her to a few of those.  I also think the day time program activities might be more interactive.

Hope this helps.

Also on port days you can opt to leave your child in the kids club while you go ashore.  Our 6 year old lives in the kids clubs.  On one port day she spent up to 13 hours in the kids club by her wishes.  They will feed the kids lunch and dinner on those days.

Also during some sailings they also do kids dinners.  Our last two sailings were on Ovation and Anthem and every night she ate dinner with her new friends.  Prior to those sailings we were on Oasis and Liberty and from what I recall they had kids dinner during formal nights.  

Our daughter does take her lanyard with her sea pass card but it’s not necessary.  She likes the responsibility of carrying her own card.

Our daughters only complaint is that they close during certain hours and she has to spend time with us.

9 hours ago, Mrsbeaker1127 said:

Our daughters only complaint is that they close during certain hours and she has to spend time with us.

We've experienced the "NO! I don't want to leave" with both our kids and now with our granddaughter. The AO programs are great.