Sneak peek of new Oasis class ship?

22 minutes ago, Jill said:

Just saw this on Instagram. Anyone know if this is #5? 

Didn't they just start to build number 5 due in 2021?

And isn't it being built in France? 

If those statements are true, my guess would be no.

Ok gotcha. So I see from above maiden voyage is currently spring of 2021.  Any chance this new one will be doing the Mediterranean sailings her first summer? I think Symphony was last year, Oasis is currently there, Allure is 2020. 

That would be pretty awesome because that’s when we’re planning to go. With my luck it’ll be a tired Harmony waiting to go to dry dock afterwards. Off to find the dry dock calendar!

3 hours ago, Jill said:

Ok gotcha. So I see from above maiden voyage is currently spring of 2021.  Any chance this new one will be doing the Mediterranean sailings her first summer? I think Symphony was last year, Oasis is currently there, Allure is 2020. 

That would be pretty awesome because that’s when we’re planning to go. With my luck it’ll be a tired Harmony waiting to go to dry dock afterwards. Off to find the dry dock calendar!

There is a chance she'll do Med sailings during summer 2021. Also a chance that she'll head to another homeport and Harmony will do the Med runs. If this is the case, Harmony might go into dry dock after the season (like Oasis) or before the season (like Allure). And for what it's worth, I don't view a ship that will be only 5 years old ship as "tired."

LOL! ?

Harmony is not even 3 years old (only Spectrum and Symphony are newer and Ovation also launched in 2016 w/ Harmony). Oasis and Allure are going in because they will be 10 years old when they are Amped (in 2019 & 2020 respectively). Unlike Oasis and Allure, Harmony already has all modern decor, water and dry slides, WOW bands, bionic bar, escape room, some of the newer specialty restaurants, etc. It's still a baby in the fleet ?! I guess it will have the usual routine maintenance dry dock in a couple of years (maybe a coat of paint, a new restaurant), but I would assume it won't need any major upgrades like Oasis and Allure for at least another 5-8 years. We just booked Harmony for APR 2021!

Gosh I feel like an Oasis snob! Lol ? 

Still deciding on what Mediterranean itinerary to do. 2 friends just did Oasis this summer and raves about the trip. 

I’m torn because this is a trip about the ports but I LOVE Central Park and everything Oasis Class. But there’s very little time on the ship. 

Just did Freedom in March after 3 sailings on Oasis and I really missed the Oasis offerings. 

Doing Symphony May 2020. What I really need is a 10 night Mediterranean on an Oasis class so I can get my ports AND sea days. ? I’m afraid I’m becoming a high maintenance cruiser! ?

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Still deciding on what Mediterranean itinerary to do. 2 friends just did Oasis this summer and raves about the trip. 

I’m torn because this is a trip about the ports but I LOVE Central Park and everything Oasis Class. But there’s very little time on the ship. 

Just did Freedom in March after 3 sailings on Oasis and I really missed the Oasis offerings. 

Doing Symphony May 2020. What I really need is a 10 night Mediterranean on an Oasis class so I can get my ports AND sea days. ? I’m afraid I’m becoming a high maintenance cruiser! ?

You were correct about 2021 being Harmony. Its exactly what you said it will be time for her dry dock.. Now I don't know if she will have a dry dock first and then do Med sailings or other way around. I guess they will announce this as soon as new schedules come out

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Lol...I'm doing a 12 day this summer on vision in the med.  I would love it to be on a bigger ship to enjoy the 4 sea days but I think I will be exhaustedly sleeping in my deck chair anyway and trying to catch up the live blog!!  Plus I'm thinking the bigger ships don't get into the Green isles as much and I can't wait for those ports!! (Maybe they do but we didn't look because I knew I wanted to try my first over 7 day cruise!). Jane