Belize Excursion

baltodave

Hi all,

We're taking Rhapsody in late January to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel.  We are set for Costa Maya (Maya Chan), Roatan (Monkey/Sloth Hangout), and Cozumel (Nachi Cocom).

Any recommendations for an excursion in Belize that won't break the bank?  Or should we stay on the ship?

Thanks!

Do something that will take you cave tubing.  It was really cool to see old cave painting and in addition you do a great shirt hike.  We did this with a zip line adventure... It was 4 years ago and I don't know if the company is even in business now.  The ship offered a cave tubing one only at the time.  I think there are also some pyramids you can get to, but the travel time is super long and you don't get very long there.  Jane

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Do something that will take you cave tubing.  It was really cool to see old cave painting and in addition you do a great shirt hike.  We did this with a zip line adventure... It was 4 years ago and I don't know if the company is even in business now.  The ship offered a cave tubing one only at the time.  I think there are also some pyramids you can get to, but the travel time is super long and you don't get very long there.  Jane

This one looks interesting:  

https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/belize-x-stream-cave-tubing/

Have you (or anyone else) used this company?

2 hours ago, baltodave said:

This one looks interesting:  

https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/belize-x-stream-cave-tubing/

Have you (or anyone else) used this company?

I haven't but we were in Belize a while ago   I did look in my email and find my info from 2015 but they might not still be good... Didn't look at reviews.  https://cavetubing.bz.  Jane

We did cave tubing in Belize many years ago and it was fun.  The water is very cold and it is a bit of a hike and we, at least, were required to carry our own tubes.  I probably could not do this excursion now due to being less agile and, well...just being older now !

My daughter was visibly blue when we got finished with the tubing.  She was so cold the entire time !

We did the cave tubing through RCI (in 2017).  You can probably save a few $$ through a 3rd party, but given that you are in Belize, I prefer to trust RCI with their guarantee to get me back to the ship.

It was OK.  There is a short hike while you carry your tubes, and the jungle is interesting.  There were showers/lockers for changing to dry clothes afterwards.  Moderate exercise to get into and out of the tubes.  Not as breath-taking as the Amazing Secret River near Playa del Carmen.  We got lunch with our tubing adventure.  A bit of a bus ride to and from the site, but the guide gave us a brief history lecture.  I do recall one bad joke -- a BMW in Belize is "a Belizian Man Walking".    Have fun on your trip!