Mobile Passport App - Port Everglades

RedRambler

Are you talking about Global Entry ? The last cruise we were on out of FLL they did not have any GE kiosk BUT when we mentioned to the attendant, who was directing traffic through customs, that we had GE, he directed us to the Suites line which was expedited. As it was, we were suites guests too so we would have ended up there anyway, but I had never realized that you could get expedited reentry with GE even if there is no kiosk. I think it's kinda on a case-by-case basis. You don't know about it unless you ask.

Does anyone know if Port Everglades has lines for using the mobile passport app to get through customs or do you still have to use the paper forms when disembarking?

As of three weeks ago they did not.

Are you talking about Global Entry ? The last cruise we were on out of FLL they did not have any GE kiosk BUT when we mentioned to the attendant, who was directing traffic through customs, that we had GE, he directed us to the Suites line which was expedited. As it was, we were suites guests too so we would have ended up there anyway, but I had never realized that you could get expedited reentry with GE even if there is in kiosk. I think it's kinda on a case-by-case basis. You don't know about it unless you ask.

Sometime around the end of Nov or beginning of Dec they added marked GE lines to all passenger terminals at Port Everglades.  There are no kiosks (so you must still complete a declaration from what I've been told), but the lines are marked and make for a much quicker process.  We'll try it out in February.

Does anyone know if Port Everglades has lines for using the mobile passport app to get through customs or do you still have to use the paper forms when disembarking?

Hi!   No, we are not operating at Port Everglades... yet.   The Port is strongly in favor of launching Mobile Passport, but we still have work to do with modifying the system with US CBP for cruise ships.  I encourage you to tweet the Port and US CBP and let them know your thoughts!

We ARE, however, launching operations at FLL airport very soon.  Here's the link:  www.mobilepassport.us

Safe travels!

So is there any tie-in between the mobile passport app and GE ?  Can I use my GE status with this app ?

The basic idea of the app is that it keeps you from having to complete a declaration form, and saves CBP from having to read it.  The locations at which the Passport App (terrible name) are taken already support GE at the kiosks, so you don't need to complete a declaration form anyway.  Do you have to enter the answers at a kiosk with GE?  (I'm new to GE)  If not, then it doesn't matter, if you do, then I guess this could represent a very small time savings, but probably not worth it for most.