Differences in Menus in Various Class Ships

BethGR

So we are sailing on the Majesty of the Seas in a couple of weeks.  Obviously one of the smaller ships and a lot fewer dining options than the larger class ships.  But are the menus for the MDR and Windjammers pretty similar to the larger class ships?  Or scaled down accordingly?

Just curious!  And any specific food recommendations for dining on the Majesty, let us know!  Food items, snacks, etc.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, BethGR said:

So we are sailing on the Majesty of the Seas in a couple of weeks.  Obviously one of the smaller ships and a lot fewer dining options than the larger class ships.  But are the menus for the MDR and Windjammers pretty similar to the larger class ships?  Or scaled down accordingly?

Just curious!  And any specific food recommendations for dining on the Majesty, let us know!  Food items, snacks, etc.  Thanks!

I just got off majesty last week!  I thought the mdr was really good... The best I have had in a while.  I also really liked the layout of the windjammer.  We didn't do chefs table, but have done it in other ships and it is amazing!  We tried to do the sushi class but that was a nightmare with the guy running it (you can check my majesty blog for that story...argh).  I do know they also offer the galley brunch which we did not do.  My daughters liked both Sorrento's and compass deli.  

In terms of specifics, the Mongolian grill for lunch on the sea day was amazing.  I think they do it for dinner one night too. The entrees were all good in mdr that I tried.  The desserts are usually kind of meh, but the birthday cake for royal on formal night was fun!  

Let me know if you have any questions!  Tell the schooner bar staff (esp lukman and Edgar) that Jane misses her Oberon wine lol!  Jane

Each ship has a food and beverage manager and a head chef.  They will plan the menus for each cruise but all ships are supplied through a common supply chain that is centrally controlled by Royal HQ.  The result is somewhat common entrees across the fleet but the night they appear on the menu and the combinations that make up one night's menu can vary by ship.  

6 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

The desserts are usually kind of meh

We have found this to be true for all food outlets on board. They are a little better in Chops and Giovanni's but in WJ and MDR, kinda blah. Nothing special. Just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, FManke said:

We have found this to be true for all food outlets on board. They are a little better in Chops and Giovanni's but in WJ and MDR, kinda blah. Nothing special. Just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Except for the world lol!  Jane

I've noticed that the regular desserts in MDR and WJ are almost strikingly lacking in sweetness, which would account for the general feeling of "meh" with those; seems higher sugar is reserved for desserts in specialty venues or places like La Patisserie. I don't really mind overmuch since I'm hypoglycemic, and having less sugar in my desserts means I can have one or two with dinner and not go into a coma 30 minutes later. Unlike "The World", where I'll enjoy every last bite and scrape the plate, then wonder why I'm waking up in a lounger by the pool and looking like this:

hes-drugged-dad.png

? 

23 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I've noticed that the regular desserts in MDR and WJ are almost strikingly lacking in sweetness

?

They are just pretty tasteless in general.  I find that with a lot of the cookies and stuff.  Of course, I'm usually so over-sugared by all the drinks, the comparison may not be fair! !!!!! Jane

15 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

The World is amazing- recently had at Wonderland on Harmony. 

The World was my favorite dessert on Anthem last year.  My sister ate 1 bite and declared it too sweet, whereas I was in heaven and said stand back and let the dessert queen take care of it LOL