Voyager Amplification

12 hours ago, Vanessa77 said:

Neither was I, but I really was hoping for more. This doesn't even compare to the Mariner amplification.

Mariner won an award for best refurbishment of the year, can't see the changes they're making here even warranting any impact at all.

12 hours ago, Phillo said:

I would be happy if it was at the level of Mariner, however its not even to that level.

Sorry, I should have been a little more clearer. Didn't mean to imply that this was to the level of Mariner. I am also disappointed that it is not, because I think Mariner was a very happy medium. I guess I was just glad that it wasn't to the level of Navigator, because I personally think they did just a bit too much with that refurbishment, imo.

It depends.  Mariner did not get her cabins touched.  Many thought that was a miss.  Voyager might include a cabin refresh. 

$97M isn't chump change.  While it's short of Navigator's $115M it's still a $97M makeover.

The slides look like they are right from Mariner, at least in the renderings.  The lack of skypad isn't shocking given that Mariner's skypad remains closed and Navigator didn't get one.  

Presumably a suite lounge is coming and the concierge club is going but that wasn't specifically mentioned.

It seems the discontent is about the Promenade and lack of announced changes to that area.   

8 hours ago, twangster said:

It seems the discontent is about the Promenade and lack of announced changes to that area.  

From my perspective (and everyone is different) my 'discontent' is around the seeming lack of update for the pool deck and that its missing out on the new/refurbished bars that navigator and mariner got.
That said.... its all 1st world problems.  I am still looking forward to travelling on voyager in november! ?

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Voyager might include a cabin refresh

Capture.JPG.82878e6d91f27c24bf68d7d046e964e8.JPG

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Presumably a suite lounge is coming and the concierge club is going but that wasn't specifically mentioned

I assume the new suite lounge and outdoor will be somewhere near the Diamond lounge which also has an outdoor area.

It will be a step up from the smallish enclosed room with no view that it currently is.

50 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Capture.JPG.82878e6d91f27c24bf68d7d046e964e8.JPG

This is good news, but what is the difference between transform and refresh? ?

1 hour ago, Phillo said:

That said.... its all 1st world problems.  I am still looking forward to travelling on voyager in november! ?

Very true! Will still be on holiday with my family going to places I've never been before, so it's going to be a win!

26 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

This is good news, but what is the difference between transform and refresh? ?

Very true! Will still be on holiday with my family going to places I've never been before, so it's going to be a win!

Mariner got nothing in the cabins. 

Navigator got new sofas, chair bottom and backs replaced, new carpet.  The built in desk and closets stayed the same, nightstands stayed the same, the bathroom was untouched, maybe mattresses replaced?  Balcony cabins new artwork, interior not so much.

So they didn't gut the cabin to the studs and rebuild them but they did refresh Navigator's cabins.

2 hours ago, Phillo said:

From my perspective (and everyone is different) my 'discontent' is around the seeming lack of update for the pool deck and that its missing out on the new/refurbished bars that navigator and mariner got.

Mariner's pool deck didn't get much love but the Solarium did (quite nice).  Voyager's Solarium is supposed to as well. 

That's why I'm thinking Voyager AMP is much like Mariner's AMP minus Skypad and minus Promenade changes, plus cabin "refresh" what ever that is (which Mariner did not get).

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

Mariner got nothing in the cabins. 

That's why I'm thinking Voyager AMP is much like Mariner's AMP minus Skypad and minus Promenade changes, plus cabin "refresh" what ever that is (which Mariner did not get). 

I agree. Its just a pity they didnt get the promenade changes like Playmakers and Bamboo room.

Hopefully the cabin "refreshes" are good though.

According to Sydney cruise ship schedule Voyager is staying in Australia from Nov 2021 until at least Jun 2022 (possibly further but the actual schedule ends).. well past April when RCI ships usually leave for the winter. 

Does this mean she is staying full time? If so, there goes the idea that she wasn't fully amped to also cater for the Asian market.

There is also another 'Unnamed Vessel' staying longer in 2022.