Power plug

Kelz

@Kelz they only allow non surge protectors, and even the non ones can be confiscated depending on the crew. What I mean is, surge protectors are prohibited and on paper the non surge protectors are allowed. Every once in awhile someone reports that a non surge was taken (you pick up anything that was confiscated as you get off the ship). I was going to ask you what kind this is, but from the picture I see the word “protected” with a little status light above it so I’m going to guess it is, and likely crew would also. I would suggest a product that specifically says “non surge protection” and “ship approved”. There are many options, but here is one as an example.

Cruise Power Strip with USB Outlets - Non Surge Protection & Ship Approved | Travel Accessories and Must Haves by Cruise On https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHVKPC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_-y.dDbT7499HF

1 hour ago, KristenM said:

Cruise Power Strip with USB Outlets - Non Surge Protection & Ship Approved | Travel Accessories and Must Haves by Cruise On https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHVKPC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_-y.dDbT7499HF

Thanks for that link. While looking at that, I came across this that is smaller to travel with and meets the non-surge requirement. But I'm thinking that with the position of the plugs and dresser on the older ships, the bottom outlet of the cube may be unusable. I may get it anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07R15ZQZH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, Skid said:

Thanks for that link. While looking at that, I came across this that is smaller to travel with and meets the non-surge requirement. But I'm thinking that with the position of the plugs and dresser on the older ships, the bottom outlet of the cube may be unusable. I may get it anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07R15ZQZH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We had an awful time on majesty because the plugs were so old they were loose and the blocks and splitters kept falling out.  We finally figured it out by using the corkscrew to hold them up!  Arghhhhh...   jane

3 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

We had an awful time on majesty because the plugs were so old they were loose and the blocks and splitters kept falling out.  We finally figured it out by using the corkscrew to hold them up!  Arghhhhh...   jane

We have sailed Adventure before and have that and Navigator planned---I remember the plugs to be so close to vanity/desk below it that some allowable "extensions" didn't even fit depending where the prongs were.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UGH !  I hate it when this happens.  How in the world can a plug get "stretched out" so that the devices fall out ?!

I'm no electrician, but after years of pulling plugs in and out it happens. If something in your home stays plugged in, then usually no problems. My wife is a "don't want anything on the counter" person. So after many times plugging appliances in and out, we have had to replace some outlets. I look at it as one of those "if that's my biggest problem, then life is good".

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UGH !  I hate it when this happens.  How in the world can a plug get "stretched out" so that the devices fall out ?!

I hate it too!  We just replaced our kitchen outlets... That was even worse because the old ones were the same size prongs and we had to use the plug adaptor.  Oh well... Good thing I traveled on majesty with an engineer lol! Jane

18 minutes ago, pezgirl said:

I have a hearing aid charger that has to be plugged in overnight plus chargers for other things. Any thoughts on how to handle this is there is a very limited number of outlets? Thanks. 

Depending on the ship there will probably be only 2 outlets. I'd suggest getting a NON surge extender like those shown above by @KristenM or me.

2 hours ago, pezgirl said:

I have a hearing aid charger that has to be plugged in overnight plus chargers for other things. Any thoughts on how to handle this is there is a very limited number of outlets? Thanks. 

I also suggest a USB charging hub for any devices needing to be charged. I am just bringing our charging "station" from home since it is compact enough, but below is an example of what I am talking about.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FX8GF5M/ref=sspa_dk_detail_7?psc=1

8 hours ago, pezgirl said:

I bring both the USB hub (that goes in 1) and a plug that splits into 3 (that goes in the other plug).  Jane