WOW Bands

Hi we ... just got back from first cruise HOTS . Hated to spend another dime ,but did & loved the flexibility of having the wow bands. Since women’s clothing & swimsuits do NOT have pockets (ugh ) the wrist bands worked  great. Worked the entire cruise, every day...NO need to dig out a seapass for drinks , food , towels, room entry!! 5bucks & worth it. Your right, its a bummer not to have. ** adding that: also, i really like having the wow bands to access both rooms we paid for. Royal Caribbean made Hubbby and i split up to room with 17 and 18 year old (akward), so my seapass let me into thier “steerage sized room”, and my Nephew’s wow band that i  wore let me into the nice balcony room Hubby and i slept in, i would recommend getting different colors for each room to keep it straight. When the bartender scanned my wrist band & saw that my picture did not match, he asked & was ok with the switched band**since Nephew and i had same drink pkg & i cannot drink alcohol no worries about extra charges. I checked everyday if Nephew tried to buy an alcohol drink, i would have been charge. But no charges, and he was a great young man so we kept the bands switched the whole cruise& eachperson kept their own seapass on them. 

Edited by RTripp
Added comment

It also generates a lot of waste.  Those existing locks aren't cheap themselves and throwing away a couple thousand good devices isn't smart business.  My main use for Wow bands is unlocking my cabin door so from my perspective I am fine if they don't upgrade them.

in the end we cruisers pay for all upgrades in the form of cruise fares.  They don't simply throw away hundreds of millions and not recover those costs so from my perspective let's keep cruise fares reasonable.    

Loved my WOW band, but did want to add what I added in another thread... did need to have an extra hair tie/rubber band near the buckle as the strap did not stay in the retaining band and my WOW band did accidentally fall off. It was so lightweight that I did not notice at first. Good to remember that it IS tied to the onboard account. 

Also, we still needed our sea pass card to get on and off the ship. But for the rest of the trip, it stayed in the cabin's safe. ?