Harmony Booking

My family is new to cruising, we have only been on 2 cruises (both Royal Caribbean).  We have a cruise booked for March 2016 on the Allure, but we know we want to cruise on the Harmony next year in March 2017.  My question is should I go ahead and book this future cruise now (72 hour sale) or wait until we until we are aboard the Allure?  Everything I have read is that there are better deals on board, is this true?  We were wanting to stay in a suite as well.  We will be in a Crown Loft on the Allure. Can anyone give any advice on selecting a suite on the Harmony?

By booking a cruise onboard, you will get extra onboard credit. The actual price of the cruise is the same as if you were on land.

One strategy a lot of folks use in your situation is you book now at the best rate you can find and then go on your cruise and see if at NextCruise, the onboard booking bonus combined with whatever the rate and promotion is at that time beats what you had previously booked.

RedRambler
What most TA will do for you is call in during sales/promotions and lower the price

of your cruise, if the new sale benefits you - Royal Caribbean would not do this

for you - you would have to be on top of that

Also- some offer extra things to book
And are your advocates if something does go wrong while sailing

Hope this helps

So now I am really confused, if the price is the same onboard and on land, how does a TA save me more money?

I am so on top of my travels that it's rare for us to save using a TA. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't use one for peace of mind. Remember, in the cruise industry (as opposed to land travel these days), you should never have to pay for a TA, so there's no loss (the lines pay them). Why not help a friendly TA out while also getting that peace of mind?

Caveat to my method: You've gotta be a little insane to stay on top of it as much as I do. If you're a sane person and have a life to live, your TA will likely do better for you than you'll do on your own, just casually browsing.