What time to meet for RC excursions?

FManke

1 hour ago, FManke said:

I was wondering if meeting times vary for ship to ship or excursion to excursion. My memory is failing me.

What time do RC excursions usually meet onboard? 1/2 hour before excursion is scheduled? One hour?

If I remember correctly, the time listed as the start of your excursion is when you MUST BE at the designated meeting place.  Frequently, this is off the ship, not on it, but I'm basing that on my specific experiences, where the excursions we've taken have all met on land, near the exit to the ship.  That being said, you will have your excursion tickets in your room when you board, and they will specify the time (usually around 15 minutes earlier than the start time) and place of meeting.  Keep in mind, if it is off the ship, you must first exit the ship, go thru the scanner, have your sea pass card scanned, etc, so allow extra time for that as well, as others will be debarking at the same time for the same reason.  I would be ready to leave the ship 45 minutes or so prior, to allow yourself time to get off & get your bearings. 

9 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

If I remember correctly, the time listed as the start of your excursion is when you MUST BE at the designated meeting place.  Frequently, this is off the ship, not on it, but I'm basing that on my specific experiences, where the excursions we've taken have all met on land, near the exit to the ship.  That being said, you will have your excursion tickets in your room when you board, and they will specify the time (usually around 15 minutes earlier than the start time) and place of meeting.  Keep in mind, if it is off the ship, you must first exit the ship, go thru the scanner, have your sea pass card scanned, etc, so allow extra time for that as well, as others will be debarking at the same time for the same reason.  I would be ready to leave the ship 45 minutes or so prior, to allow yourself time to get off & get your bearings. 

I couldn't remember specifically how long before the start of the tour you met up on ship and got placed into your groups.