Can you exchange freebies?

We have two free refreshment packages for our next cruise.  We don't drink soda or sports drinks, my husband has juice once a day, I'm fine with the regular coffee they serve, and I don't mind the filtered water. Considering the refreshment package costs $28/day right now, I would love to trade it for a reduced price of the drink package, as we would get much more use out of it.

Has anyone here received something included in their booking that they knew they wouldn't use, and were able to trade it for something else?

6 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

We have two free refreshment packages for our next cruise.  We don't drink soda or sports drinks, my husband has juice once a day, I'm fine with the regular coffee they serve, and I don't mind the filtered water. Considering the refreshment package costs $28/day right now, I would love to trade it for a reduced price of the drink package, as we would get much more use out of it.

Has anyone here received something included in their booking that they knew they wouldn't use, and were able to trade it for something else?

I think I remember a while back someone mentioned that they tried to swap the free perks from the Boardwalk and Central Park balcony booking and were told that they could not. Since that would not be something you could do online anyway, I suggest you call to ask. It certainly couldn't hurt to try. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Skid said:

I think I remember a while back someone mentioned that they tried to swap the free perks from the Boardwalk and Central Park balcony booking and were told that they could not. Since that would not be something you could do online anyway, I suggest you call to ask. It certainly couldn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Thanks.  I tried doing a search on the message board to see if anyone had experiences with it, but I couldn't find anything.  I guess I need to use other search terms.

12 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Thanks.  I tried doing a search on the message board to see if anyone had experiences with it, but I couldn't find anything.  I guess I need to use other search terms.

And other times you may get so many search results that it becomes daunting to read it all. I know that I, for one, have asked repeat questions. Don't let it stop you from asking questions...we don't mind.

4 hours ago, Skid said:

And other times you may get so many search results that it becomes daunting to read it all. I know that I, for one, have asked repeat questions. Don't let it stop you from asking questions...we don't mind.

Thanks!

In theory on my Symphony cruise I upgraded onboard from the Refreshment package bought in the Cruise Planner to the Deluxe onboard.

9I was charged the difference between the onboard cost of the two packages. Still the difference was I think either $38 or $40 a day plus the 18% gratuity/service charge.

How it might work for a booking perk, I have no idea. Will mention no credit is given towards any upgrade with the included soda package for booking a Boardwalk balcony room.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, Kirsten said:

Hi Kirsten, unfortunately complementary items can’t be a exchange or “upgraded”. Neither before getting to the ship or once you get there.