Unlimited Dining Package Questions

DougieFox

Hey gang, new to RCL. 

I purchased the Unlimited Dinning Package and the Refresher Drink Package for the Mariner of the Seas this fall. Here are a few of my questions. 

1. How do I book what times and locations I want to dine? I was told I will do this once on board, but I worry that all the good time/location options will be taken. 

2. Do either of these packages (unlimited dining/refresher) cover anything at Johnny Rockets. 

3. Favorite item from the specialty restaurants!!!!! 

I have not sailed on Mariner so their rules may differ but in theory, your UDP should cover the cover charge at Johnny Rockets and your refreshment package should cover at least sodas and perhaps shakes as well.

If you go to one of the specialty restaurants first thing once you board you will be able to make your dinner reservations and will have no problem getting your first or second choices for locations and times.  It is usually only later in the cruise where the dining options begin to narrow.  You should also be entitled to lunch at whatever specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day so don't forget about that one.

Welcome to Royal Caribbean cruising and to the RCCLBlog boards !!