Getting Teens in the same room

I have several cabins on Liberty of the sea.  Daughter (17) is booked with me in an inside cabin.  My wife is with my daughter;s best friend (18) across the hall and 3 doors down in an ocean view.  My Daughter is next door to adult family on both sides.   All this proximity and family is not enough for RCCL to put the girls together officially going through the front door.   I have read several posts that are 2-3+ years old advising me to just get extra keys, exchange them, and trade places.   Has someone done this recently?  Or are the staff on the ship more flexible?

RC's policy is kids can be in their own room if connecting, adjoining or directly across from the parent/legal guardian's room.  Since the kid's room is 3 doors down, they won't allow you to name both kids in the room.  You can get extra keys at guest services made but you won't be able to change the sea pass card.

As prevoiusly posted, I think RCI may accommodate.  In our trip last month, my college student son brought his girlfriend, and we put women in one room and men in the other.  However, on Day 1 the stateroom attendant asked if we wanted to switch so my wife and I could be together.  Instead of saying I snore too loudly for me wife (!), I simply explained we had an agreement with the young women's parents. But my point is the the Stateroom Attendant wanted to accommodate us, and he thought both students were our children.  He did unlock the balcony latch, and we were able to go back and forth as needed in the adjoining rooms.

1 hour ago, Douglas said:

I have several cabins on Liberty of the sea.  Daughter (17) is booked with me in an inside cabin.  My wife is with my daughter;s best friend (18) across the hall and 3 doors down in an ocean view.  My Daughter is next door to adult family on both sides.   All this proximity and family is not enough for RCCL to put the girls together officially going through the front door.   I have read several posts that are 2-3+ years old advising me to just get extra keys, exchange them, and trade places.   Has someone done this recently?  Or are the staff on the ship more flexible?

You are able to get additional keys to open the cabins.  Just an FYI, I have an upcoming sailing on Allure and I have my kids (5,8,14, and 19) in an interior cabin with my wife and I directly across the hall in a outside balcony.  I thought I was going to have to split my wife and myself apart but my TA said as long as the kids are within a cabin or two, they can be in their own cabin.  That's how I'm currently booked so I know it can be done.  

3 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

As prevoiusly posted, I think RCI may accommodate.  In our trip last month, my college student son brought his girlfriend, and we put women in one room and men in the other.  However, on Day 1 the stateroom attendant asked if we wanted to switch so my wife and I could be together.  Instead of saying I snore too loudly for me wife (!), I simply explained we had an agreement with the young women's parents. But my point is the the Stateroom Attendant wanted to accommodate us, and he thought both students were our children.  He did unlock the balcony latch, and we were able to go back and forth as needed in the adjoining rooms.

I love the way you handled this and that you stuck to your agreement with your boyfriend's parents.  Rare these days.  Nice.

We do this every cruise.  Go to guest services and get an extra key for each of the two room.  The two people who swap will then have two cards, one to open their door and the other for onboard charges and exiting and entering the ship.  Onboard no one cares unless the teens cause an issue.  Guest services are used to it.

Hello, just got back from HOTS with this same situation. RC made Hubby and I split up since our other room had an 18 & 17 (she is 18 in one month), split up so girls in one room, boys in another. We bought wow bands and just traded the bands to keep our sanity with Niece and Nephew. For leaving the ship we used our seapasses. For drinks we used our wow bands, from what i was told, the bartender did NOT serve the 18 if he tried to use the switch wow band since my name and picture show up when the band is scanned. The band did not have the alcohol pkg, so i would have seen a charge if he did get served. It got confusing with the same 4 color wow bands for two rooms, so recommend get matching colors for each room.