Booking Amendements

We were told by our travel agent that a Nonrefundable Deposit Cruise had a change fee, which for us was $100 per person.  Another reservation had a refundable deposit, so no fee.  In the end, we didn't change. 

Someone with recent direct booking experience can add more precise information.  I have read that whether you are inside or outside the 90 day window can make a difference,

13 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

If we have a direct booking with RC for 3 rooms in October and its now cheaper (by £150 per room) is there anything I can do to change? Do they charge to make changes? Would they refund us difference or would they allow as credit?

Anyone have any experience?

If you are not making a change to the ship, the date, or the room type there should not be a penalty, no matter if it is a refundable or nonrefundable deposit. Royal should allow you the lower rate and credit back the credit card used. This applies to US booked cruises, I believe in another post you stated you were from the UK, so this might change the rules, it doesn't hurt to call Royal and ask, they either help you or tell you no. Pinging @hayley_bopp and @Ray , 2 people I know are from the UK.

Our cruise was £1500 cheaper. We are from the uk, booked direct. As we had 3 very specific room they could do nothing. I do deals for a living and was on the phone for an hour to them.  all we got was about 10% of the difference in obc that’s all. Unless you can cancel, lose deposit and come out better it’s lost money. We could have done that but the rooms were not available, even though we had the rooms to cancel. Go figure ?

I'm not 100% certain but as far as I understand it, in the UK, once you book and pay your deposit, that's the price you're paying and you're getting what you booked. You could cancel but you'd lose your deposit so would have to factor that in to any cost saving on a new booking. 

And, FWIW, it's aluminium and I can say that with absolute certainty since we invented the language ? (don't get me started on colour or the use of the letter z instead of s ?)