Transportation to and from Port

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport the day before we leave on our cruise.  I am traveling with my husband, 9 year old daughter and 3 year old son.  I am not planning to bring a car seat for my son.  The hotel that we are staying at is picking us up from the airport and says that my son doesn't need a car seat to travel in the shuttle.  But I have heard from other hotels that he DOES need a car seat.  I am not too worried about getting to the hotel but are we going to have trouble finding a shuttle to and from the port?  We have always driven to the port for past cruises.... this is our first time flying with the kids. We have looked into private car services that offer car seats but they are spendy. My husband thinks that we can just get a travel booster and put it in an uber but I am not sure if the driver will allow it since my son will be 2 mths short of 4 yrs old.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!!