RoyalUp acceptance timing

I initially booked a spacious balcony that departs in August. I received my Royal up bid request  for a Grand Suite on June 18th.  I submitted it the same day and received an acceptance of my bid the following day ?.  It's a surprise for my son's 16th birthday and my nephew is coming along too, so the extra room will be welcome.   

• 2 months later...

So far I've managed to get my rejection letter the day of the cruise...I haven't seen an accepted letter yet.  Most of the cruises i've taken to this day, the suites generally sell out way before i receive my e-doc's.  My cruise to New England/Canada has been sold out for a month now...i sail 17 Sept 2020 for that cruise. ? Serenade and Allure in Dec & Jan are sold out of Suites.  

I have been on cruises where people got their upgrades the day of the cruise and others that were accepted the day after putting them in.  I think if you do the Royal Up offer the best way to think on it is it might happen and it might not, but be flexible and keep watching your email because you never know when Christmas might arrive!

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

We have a bid in to upgrade from our owner’s suite to a Star Loft or the Aquatheater Suite that’s in star class on our 9/14 Symphony cruise ....... but I’m not holding my breathe lol 

Yeah I'm on the 9/28 cruise on Symphony, trying to go from a Grand to Crown Loft again. Ship is completely booked solid, maybe someone will cancel again lol

I bid very close to the minimum, but not the minimum dollar. In total, I spent $1800 for my husband and I to have an unobstructed balcony on the Liberty after the RoyalUp was accepted. We originally booked an inside cabin for <$1500. I felt it was a pretty good deal as even with our C&A discount, the balcony was over $2K when we booked.

3 minutes ago, MidwestIA said:

I bid very close to the minimum, but not the minimum dollar. In total, I spent $1800 for my husband and I to have an unobstructed balcony on the Liberty after the RoyalUp was accepted. We originally booked an inside cabin for <$1500. I felt it was a pretty good deal as even with our C&A discount, the balcony was over $2K when we booked.

So you went from inside to unobstructed balcony for less than $400?

5 hours ago, FManke said:

For those of you who have "won" bids, can you give us some idea of what your winning bid was compared to your original fare? Did you bid the minimum? Thanks 

We went on Navigator 8/19 to 8/23 and initially had an oceanview balcony.  We bid $250 (I believe the minimum was $150) for the junior suite about 6 weeks before the cruise and it was accepted within 24 hours.  We got deck 10 JS Aft with a monster balcony for $500 more than our oceanview balcony, which if i remember correctly was slightly more than $1600.