Who will be in CocoCay next?

Any of you lovely peeps going to be in CocoCay over the next few weeks? We reserved a beach bed last night and see they have been moved to Chill Island, and I am just nosy/needy and want to see where they are located. They weren't showing available before so we decided to reserve just in case, we still haven't decided 100% what we are doing that day. Our clamshell/lounger was cancelled on Wednesday, looks like South Beach is closed until Dec? Although I am surprised they are moving beach beds to Chill Island but not the loungers?  We will be there on 7/17 (the 7/12 Adventure sailing). I think Anthem GC is the week before me but anyone going like say... next week? If so, please report back on Chill Island and I will ever be grateful! ?

We will be there in early July (twice. b2b on NAV) but I’m probably a terrible resource for you as we never take pictures. Maybe I can coax Dan into snapping a few. I can no longer transfer photos from my iPhone...something to do with the iCloud and my refusal to pay them for additional storage space....

Anyway I will sleuth and see what’s what even if we don’t get any documented evidence.

We leave on Jun 28 and return on July 5.

Thank you to both of you, @WAAAYTOOO and @StayFrosty I look forward to hear both of your thoughts!

I’m mostly curious about the setup, it’s my understanding the beds weren’t originally planned for Chill Island. I want to make sure they aren’t squeezed into an odd spot or over crowded etc. I figured we would secure one, and worst case is we cancel if we change our minds. Enjoy your cruises!! 

3 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

January 6 for me (Harmony).  Now I am wondering about the impact on our chill island cabana.  

I’ll be happy to report back after our stop in July and let you know. I believe the South Beach area (I think it will have a new name?) is opening in December 2019, unless there is a delay in construction. Yours would also be dependent on if the bungalows and beds are going back where they were. I’m guessing, and this is total speculation, but if they work well over on Chill Island for the next 6 months I wouldn’t be surprised if they had them in both locations. More to rent, more revenue for them! 

I am thinking about my first live blog for this cruise since we have a lot of firsts. And some interesting family dynamics that could provide some entertainment. If I do, I will give you a heads up so you can read my thoughts on CocoCay and the beach beds/Chill Island! ?

HI all, just back from CocoCay HOTS June 2019. uploading NEWEST MAP. Specifically showing that Chill Island Cabanas increased from 10 to TWENTY. Going rate 2 weeks before out cruise was $1200 YES twelve HUNDRED Dollars. Ask any questions if you want, I loaded lots more pics on other threads specifically about the Chill Cabanas and what's included. Happy cruising, first and last time for me .. dissapointed with how RC handled many excursions for me.  I worked hard to not need a wheelchair and walk the beach.  

IMG_0304.JPG

11 minutes ago, RTripp said:

showing that Chill Island Cabanas increased from 10 to TWENTY.

Do you by any chance have any info on bungalows? Nothing on my cruise planner for October and I don't know if they are sold out or they just don't have them until after they redo South Beach. Thanks.

Hi no, sorry. Wish I did, we just did not have enough time and I concentrated on the Chill Island Cabana since I could get NOTHING from RC on pictures, sizes anything about the Chill Island Cabana I paid a HUGE amount for, only to discover that RC miss-represented what was supposed to be included. Within the week when I got back(June 17th on CocoCay), I read that the Clamshell loungers were moved since they are where #29 on the map SouthBeach is. What I've read (...did NOT happen to me) is that RC MIGHT try to lower the price, to get you to go for it & then NOT let you re-purchase.. so careful. If your price lowers, get CS to re-purchase for you so you dont loose the one you got? 

I purchased the chill island cabana early what looks like a great deal.  However, now it looks extremely crowded -- was it?  So what amenities were included for your cabana?

38 minutes ago, RTripp said:

Hi no, sorry. Wish I did, we just did not have enough time and I concentrated on the Chill Island Cabana since I could get NOTHING from RC on pictures, sizes anything about the Chill Island Cabana I paid a HUGE amount for, only to discover that RC miss-represented what was supposed to be included. Within the week when I got back(June 17th on CocoCay), I read that the Clamshell loungers were moved since they are where #29 on the map SouthBeach is. What I've read (...did NOT happen to me) is that RC MIGHT try to lower the price, to get you to go for it & then NOT let you re-purchase.. so careful. If your price lowers, get CS to re-purchase for you so you dont loose the one you got? 

Hi Bob_ky,   Advice is to KEEP your Chill Island Cabana... ALL had a very good view, they were staggered enough, not blocking each other. #1 to #10 were the “front”, #11 to #20 were in “ back”.  I would buy it again if i ever wanted to cruise again. My frustration is the promised ameneties that were not included. I purchased mine was back in Oct 2018, had to wait for Coco to be finished and then, the month before my cruise i was reading NOTHING about what was supposed to be included. i emailed RC, required they provide me pictures as proof. After two weeks they said items not included “ sorry”, at that time Chill cabanas are up to $1200. So RC would make tons $ off me cancelling.  I did get back $100 to buy a combination locking bag and a speaker since now not included. The location is GREAT, view is magnificent, food and bathrooms & bar were just too far for me. I just learned to walk in March & deep sand (3-4 inches) was just too much/ far for me. As well my tummy issues & i could not walk fast to make it in time. I started crying trying to explain to Excursion CS that the location they assigned was just too far due to my handicapp issues & they refused to change location for me( handicap was noted on my reservation since i was expecting to be in a wheelchair on Coco). The Chill Island cabanas were nice and quiet, #10included roof to keep rain out(which it rained fir us),ceiling fan, electrical outlet, round cooler where lid lifts that had 8 Evian iced waters, 6 towels, 3 person couch, two comfy chairs, toy chest sit down on lid, 2 floattie matts, 2 snorkle gear upon request. I can upload pics if anyone wants them.. included in another post on this blog.