Solarium Bistro

levy1980

4 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

I see you need reservations fr dinner here, is it a buffet or order from menu?

As of late, it is going to depend on the ship. The setup had always been that appetizers and desserts were buffet style, while entrees were off a menu and served. But last month on Symphony everything was buffet style

We found that out beforehand and cancelled our reservation...just was not in the mood for buffet that night.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They are open for all meals but dinner reservations are suggested.

It is a hybrid buffet/menu.  Entrees come from a menu but everything else is done buffet style.

Thanks

So is the menu the same for all meals? I searched and could only find 1 menu

2 hours ago, Skid said:

As of late, it is going to depend on the ship. The setup had always been that appetizers and desserts were buffet style, while entrees were off a menu and served. But last month on Symphony everything was buffet style

We found that out beforehand and cancelled our reservation...just was not in the mood for buffet that night.

Thats my worry, we are not that keen on buffet but would go if the main was served. 

Was there a charge for dinner?

We went to the Solarium for dinner on HOS three weeks ago. It was good, but I remember it being better last year (but maybe it was because it was our first time there or  I was hungrier - idk..). It was still a buffet for appetizers & desserts and a menu for the entrees. It is a different menu than what is offered in the MDR. I order grilled shrimp and they were really good and plentiful! There was also a flank (or was it skirt??) steak which was good along a salmon dish. Since there is no charge, I would encourage you to go and try it. ? 

5 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Is this available on all Oasis Class for no charge?

Hi @hayley_bopp. Symphony is the only Oasis Class we've been on but I am pretty sure Solarium Bistro is on all Oasis Class ships and are complimentary. However, they do require reservations. It seems to vary from ship to ship as to whether the entrees are served or buffet style (the appetizers and dessert courses are buffet). Not really much info on it but here is the Royal web page for the Solarium Bistro.

15 hours ago, Skid said:

Hi @hayley_bopp. Symphony is the only Oasis Class we've been on but I am pretty sure Solarium Bistro is on all Oasis Class ships and are complimentary. However, they do require reservations. It seems to vary from ship to ship as to whether the entrees are served or buffet style (the appetizers and dessert courses are buffet). Not really much info on it but here is the Royal web page for the Solarium Bistro.

Last month on Ovation the details were pretty much the same except one fact.  Most entrees were served from the kitchen but a couple were from the buffet. Our son ordered pasta and that was one of the serve yourself items.  So it may not be variety just from ship to ship but specific dishes.

5 minutes ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Last month on Ovation the details were pretty much the same except one fact.  Most entrees were served from the kitchen but a couple were from the buffet. Our son ordered pasta and that was one of the serve yourself items.

So they range from serve only, to buffet only to both together. Nothing like consistency! ?

23 hours ago, Skid said:

So they range from serve only, to buffet only to both together. Nothing like consistency! ?

Yea, the pasta was even listed in the menu with a nice description.  The waiter said order the entrees with him.  Once we ordered the pasta he said to get that off the Buffett.  So once the entree was “completed” it did not match the description at all!

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Solarium Bistro on Harmony for dinner was a combination of buffet & menu options and totally worth your time. After horrible food in the MDR, we ate at Coastal Kitchen, specialty restaurants, and Solarium Bistro. 

Horrible food in the MDR? Really what was wrong if you don't mind me asking?