Royal App Update

Skid

This is the latest I found on which ships have the Royal App and what features are available on each. Seems like Allure and Harmony are the only ships with the chat feature. Got the chart from here. @Matt's post from May 16 showed that it was on Quantum (not listed here) and that it should identify Key buyers (which it did not on my May 18 Symphony sailing). So this chart may or may not be 100% accurate and I could not find it on the actual RCL site.

image.thumb.jpeg.adf462f916227c751c3de3e6727b7931.jpeg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

RoyalIQ works better than the new app, for now.  

That is a really sad statement, if true. "Works better" in terms of more stable / reliable? I can't believe it's better based on features / information provided; the cruise compass info through the RoyalIQ app was always abysmal, and the app in general was slow as molasses. Canceling our MTD reservations after securing CK reservations took several minutes, which was way too long IMO.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Download Royal IQ now before sailing.  That was the app on Ovation in May so unless something happens over the next few days that will be the app next week.

Yep. I've got it on my tablet but I'll load it on all the other devices now.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

That is a really sad statement, if true. "Works better" in terms of more stable / reliable? I can't believe it's better based on features / information provided; the cruise compass info through the RoyalIQ app was always abysmal, and the app in general was slow as molasses. Canceling our MTD reservations after securing CK reservations took several minutes, which was way too long IMO.

Do you prefer function or form?

In RoyalIQ on Ovation I was able to cancel MTD in seconds, cancel and rebook North Star, look at an ACCURATE cruise compass, etc.  Quite refreshing to use an app that actually worked.  

The new app is a work in progress and its in early beta... still.  It may look nicer but doesn't work well.  

7 hours ago, twangster said:

In RoyalIQ on Ovation I was able to cancel MTD in seconds, cancel and rebook North Star, look at an ACCURATE cruise compass, etc.  Quite refreshing to use an app that actually worked.

You definitely had a much better experience on Ovation than I had on Anthem. Canceling MTD reservations took minutes, not seconds, and overall using the app was an exercise in patience. Maybe this was due more to the state of VOOM on Anthem than the app, but it didn’t seem like it at the time in comparison to using my other regular apps.

In any event, I guess I’ll be re-downloading RoyalIQ in a couple months.