Royal Caribbean Beach Towel from Cruise Planner

I love the idea of this - my kids are both on swim team, and we never seem to have enough beach towels! I'm not sure I would want the kids using them on the ship. I could see someone innocently picking up the towel for their own use...it's got the logo on it so it must belong to the ship kind of thing. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, melmar02 said:

I love the idea of this - my kids are both on swim team, and we never seem to have enough beach towels! I'm not sure I would want the kids using them on the ship. I could see someone innocently picking up the towel for their own use...it's got the logo on it so it must belong to the ship kind of thing. 

The towels that RC sells online is totally different from the ones that is available for use while on the pool deck.

The towels that they have for free at the towel stations on the pool deck have to be returned to the towel station when you are done using the towel that you borrowed from the towel station.

Also the free royal Caribbean towels can be obtained on the island at the port of calls, but must be returned to the royal Caribbean towel station on the islands before boarding the ship at the end of the day at the island that the ship has docked at for the day or days.

if you buy the towel that Royal Caribbean sells online then you do not have to return the towel because it is yours to keep and take home with you, but  

if a free towel that you have borrowed from the towel station while on the pool deck or at any of the port of calls is not returned then each towel that you did not return will cost $25 and that amount will be added to your sea pass account and you will have to pay for those free towels that are offered at the towel station that were not returned by the end of the day that you borrowed the free towels then you will have to pay for them. 

Hope that makes sense to you.

4 hours ago, Bakerette said:

The towels that RC sells online is totally different from the ones that is available for use while on the pool deck.

The towels that they have for free at the towel stations on the pool deck have to be returned to the towel station when you are done using the towel that you borrowed from the towel station.

Also the free royal Caribbean towels can be obtained on the island at the port of calls, but must be returned to the royal Caribbean towel station on the islands before boarding the ship at the end of the day at the island that the ship has docked at for the day or days.

if you buy the towel that Royal Caribbean sells online then you do not have to return the towel because it is yours to keep and take home with you, but  

if a free towel that you have borrowed from the towel station while on the pool deck or at any of the port of calls is not returned then each towel that you did not return will cost $25 and that amount will be added to your sea pass account and you will have to pay for those free towels that are offered at the towel station that were not returned by the end of the day that you borrowed the free towels then you will have to pay for them. 

Hope that makes sense to you.

Yes, I understand how the towel rental works - thanks for making sure I knew. ?

I just meant how someone else might mistake a towel that is sitting on the pool deck with Royal's logo on it being a free use towel, even if it is far superior to the towel station towels. I just wouldn't want our brand new, paid for towels to 'walk away' while we are in the pool. 

19 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

I wonder about these RC towels… They all look the same, so how often do guest get stolen their rental towel (eg in order to replace one's lost towel)? 

It's not something commonly mentioned.  I often see towels left behind, sometimes at a beach off the ship, sometimes curled up in a wet ball near a pool when most people have gone to sleep.  I suppose these folks might think their towel was stolen or maybe they just forgot about it.  Either way it's going to cost them ;) 

I'd rather get myself a new T shirt than pay for a towel I've left behind!!!

This "towel return" policy will cost me some peace of mind during my cruise… Especially now I know that sometimes security themselves take them away.

Another win from DCL over RCCL: so far, no towel lines nor fines. I agree Disney is more expensive. But I once cruised Princess too, and they didn't enforce such a towel policy either.

43 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

I'd rather get myself a new T shirt than pay for a towel I've left behind!!!

This "towel return" policy will cost me some peace of mind during my cruise… Especially now I know that sometimes security themselves take them away.

Another win from DCL over RCCL: so far, no towel lines nor fines. I agree Disney is more expensive. But I once cruised Princess too, and they didn't enforce such a towel policy either.

To me the towel policy is no big thing, you go get a towel, you take a towel back.

But I'm also not a chair hog, if we are going to go get something to eat, I turn my towels in, go get lunch, comeback and get a new towel.

I definitely won't stress about it.

2 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

Can you give a used towel and get a fresh one at the same time (ie from the same crew member/place), so that you stand in line once instead of twice? 

Exchanging towels is easy, just tell them you want new towels and show that you are dropping the old towels into the used towel bin.  SeaPass card typically not required.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, MrsLTTP said:

This is my first time hearing about buying towels (I just googled them they look nice). Do you purchase them online and receive on your cruise or can you purchase them anytime and have them delivered to your home?

They will be delivered to your cabin on departure day.  Bought two we really liked them.