Who's Going on the RCB Group Cruise?

Mike_

Okay, we're under 50 days until this group cruise and I am starting to get excited!

The holidays are over, and I have not been on a ship in three months, and my palms are getting sweaty...

Who is in on this cruise?

What plans are you making?

What excursions are interesting?

Has anyone prebooked anything on the cruise yet, such as water theater show?

I've never been to Jamaica or Haiti, so they are new ports to me.

I was so excited, I booked another cruise in September. Ugh, this podcast/blog is supposed to be helping quench my addiction... I don't think it's helping.

Good luck to all, fair winds and following seas!

Mike_

We will be there!

We actually haven't booked anything yet.  I plan on booking some specialty restaurants to take advantage of the 30% discount, but that's about it.  We're experienced cruisers but RCCL is all new to us, so I don't even know where to start.

In Cozumel we'll be roaming and eating, that's the main plan.  There is a driver we've used in the past and I should probably see if he's available.  We aren't huge beach people, so in Labadee I'd guess we'll do some brief exploring and then relax on-board.  Finally, for Falmouth I'm very torn.  I have great memories of MoBay, and would like to head there again, but it's a bit of a trek from Falmouth.  

Dan and I will be there with 20 friends ! We have booked MTD reservations, reservations for Aqua theater, Mamma Mia !, Blue Planet, ice show and comedy club. Some have booked a couple of specialty restaurants. It is our first time to experience Coastal Kitchen and I noticed that you cannot reserve any CK meals online so we'll have to wait until we get onboard, I guess.

At Labadee we hope to get everyone into Barefoot Beach and cabanas with those of us in suites and most of us are going to Nachi Cocom on Cozumel. We have nothing booked yet for Falmouth.

I check the website daily and there sure seems to be a lot of good rooms still unsold. I think, when I looked yesterday, there were 13 D1 cabins available and many Grand Suites. You'd think they would be trying to discount these rooms and get them sold, but it doesn't look like they are. Of course, unsold rooms means less crowding for us and hopefully a motivation to sell things like drink cards...

Speaking of drinking, many of our team will be purchasing drink packages. I haven't broken the news yet the prices are up...

We are very excited too !

I am going! Very excited.. I have booked everything because I am an Uber Planner.. I booked 5 specialty restaurants and I plan to eat two nights at Coastal Kitchen no MDR for me this trip to many good restaurants on Allure for MDR in my opinion. I booked Mama Mia, Ocean Aria, Ice Games, Blue planet, and headliner. I am planning on getting a Cabana in Labadee I love doing that! Also going to Nachi Cocom on Cozumel.. I didn't book anything for Jamaica because I might stay on the ship and make that a spa day for me I love being on the ship when no one is on. Also I am very excited to meet everyone.. Everyone needs to listen to Matt's live podcast this Wednesday because we are going to be discussing plans for the group cruise.. Also we are thinking about doing a Saturday night meet up somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale just to get to know each other and talk Royal.. Again I am super excited- Stephanie  

We pre-booked a bunch of the shows when entertainment first came out.

The only excursions I have booked right now is our cabana on Labadee.  Otherwise, have not tackled excursions yet.  

I hope everyone is aware of the schedule of events we have planned for the cruise that everyone is invited to! http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-blog-allure-of-the-seas-group-cruise-events

I'll be there with my wife Jessica.

Really looking forward to it. We always do our cruises on the cheap but this time we splurged a bit. We got a nice hotel and suite (park balcony), got the drink package for once and are going to 150 for Jessica's birthday dinner.

We booked the Aqua Theater and Blue Planet, also a comedy club. May do a ice show and Mama Mia, haven't booked them yet though. Was thinking of the prohibition party but not sure yet.

We don't go to specialty restaurants because we like the included food, but looking forward to trying some this time. Doing 150 and then Sabor with the group, fallowed by the 'civilized pub crawl'. Also want to do the 'Labadoozie Aprication Socity' meating in Labadee.

Looking forward to going to shore and watching the ships leave the night before the cruise, watched alot of Billy's scopes and want to be there in person.

Also would like to do a meet up before the cruise but it would have to be convienent for us. Just because we are already planing on watching the ships leave, otherwise I'll just meet everyone on ship.

Well, I finally booked all the entertainment venues.

I have not booked any excursions, but I am interested in doing something in Jamaica or Cozumel; not sure what yet.

We decided to fly into Ft. Lauderdale two days early too, since it's a Sunday departure. So I plan on enjoying a few relaxing days before the party starts!

Good luck to all, I am excited for vacation, and meeting everyone.

Toot, toot!

Mike_

My husband and I are going, and super excited! First time going on Royal Caribbean and look forward to meeting everyone.

Have made Mama Mia reservations, a couple of shore excursions, and of course looking forward to trying labadoozees!

I am a long time listener to WDWToday and I was glad to have found this blog. I was able to convince my husband to go on this trip by making him listen to your podcasts.

Counting down the days...

See you soon,

Tanya and Eric

My husband and I are going, and super excited! First time going on Royal Caribbean and look forward to meeting everyone.

Have made Mama Mia reservations, a couple of shore excursions, and of course looking forward to trying labadoozees!

I am a long time listener to WDWToday and I was glad to have found this blog. I was able to convince my husband to go on this trip by making him listen to your podcasts.

See you soon,

Tanya and Eric

So basically you're stalking Matt, right? ;) <jk>

For what it's worth, Mike Scopa (sp?) was at the Star Wars half marathon today and I was super jazzed.

See you soon,

Tanya and Eric

Can't wait to meet you onboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone wants to split a cab or let us pay for a ride to John U Lloyd park for the meet on the 20th.

We're staying at the Embassy on 17th, if it's not near all the other hotels it's at least on the way.

We priced a cab (via TaxiFareFinder) at 31 dollars each way, thought of renting a car but after insurance and paying for parking at hotel it's just not worth it.

if anyone's in the same boat (HA!) we might be able to help each other, either by splitting cab or helping to pay for your rental.

Thanks.

I Feel bad Jerel, I would drive you for free I am just not sure I am able to make it because I might need to go visit some family in Miami that day so I don't want to promise.. I think your best bet is Uber. It really should be like $10-$15 American dollars each way so basically half the price of a cab.

I Feel bad Jerel, I would drive you for free I am just not sure I am able to make it because I might need to go visit some family in Miami that day so I don't want to promise.. I think your best bet is Uber. It really should be like $10-$15 American dollars each way so basically half the price of a cab.

Thanks for the thought. I'm sure it will be fine, I'll make it somehow. I just thought there might be someone in the same situation as me and we could help each other out. We haven't used Uber yet, my wife is nervous of it for some reason. I think will will try that though.

I can't wait until Matt's kids are school-aged and these cruises are then scheduled around school breaks. :)

Those of us without kids really like the lower pricing and quiet of non-school break sailings ;-)

I often wonder how greater adoption of year-round school schedules would affect the travel industry.  Plenty of data already suggests it'd do incredible things for education, and retention of curriculum.

I often wonder how greater adoption of year-round school schedules would affect the travel industry.  Plenty of data already suggests it'd do incredible things for education, and retention of curriculum.

Our kids go to a Charter school and have a year-round schedule.  They still get the 'traditional' vacation breaks (couple weeks in the summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter off) but the additional weeks off are scattered throughout the year and vary from year to year as well, so it's hard to plan those weeks far in advance.

The only time I really noticed a bunch of kids on a cruise was our Oasis cruise - and it was just on the last day.  My impression was 'were the heck did they hide all these kids all week?!?'.