How much is a beer?

Nikkoo

Hi,

I am not asking about cost. I know a beer is between $6.50 and $7.50 plus gratuity. 

Is it a pint from a tap? Schooner? 330ml bottle? 500ml can? Uk pint? US pint?

This is important to know when working out if a package is viable!

Thanks in advance

My experience has been that all beers on Royal's ships are standard US 12-ounce (~350ml) bottles, at least for the craft beers like Paulaner Salvator Dopplebock or more mass-market beers like Blue Moon that I typically drink. I don't recall that the pub serves anything on tap, unless maybe it's the most-common stuff like Budweiser, Heinekin, or Miller that I won't touch. On the pool deck, where they have to be careful about broken glass, beer is served in screw-top aluminum "bottle-cans"; still US 12 ounces.

Back when some ships had a partnership with Michael's Genuine Pub, I seem to recall that you could actually get beers on tap; sailed Anthem too late (partnership was ended and pub converted to line-standard style with the name Brass & Bock), so I never got to find out if those were 12-ounce or pint pours, but I'm guessing still 12-ounce.

6 hours ago, Nikkoo said:

Hi,

I am not asking about cost. I know a beer is between $6.50 and $7.50 plus gratuity. 

Is it a pint from a tap? Schooner? 330ml bottle? 500ml can? Uk pint? US pint?

This is important to know when working out if a package is viable!

Thanks in advance

If you are trying to work out if the drinks package is viable then it's probably not. 

But don't go only on alcholic drinks.  You can have smoothies, premium coffees (talking illy espressos here not your regular starbucks), iced lattes, bottled water (handy for the room and excursions) and unlimited cocktails. You'll be amazed how quickly it adds up. 

Fresh squeezed orange juice is included as well. I drank at least two of those a day. So those 2, 2 beers, and a glass of wine at dinner was pretty much the break even point...I drank quite a bit more than that though. Plus its nice because you can try all kinds of things you usually wouldn't. And if you dont like it, you dont have to drink it. I would have spent 50 bucks a day on chocolate and espresso martini's if I didnt have the drink package lol