Best beaches for children in Progresso & Cozumel

Nancy Weaver

We will be cruising on Enchantment of the Seas July 3- 8 with our 2 daughters and their families.  3 children, ages, 71/2, 5, and 14 months.  We really appreciate if anyone could recommend the best beaches for children in Progresso as well as Cozumel.  Ones within walking distance versus taking a taxi.

Also, are you allowed to take an ice chest off the ship for the day?

• Matt changed the title to Best beaches for children in Progresso & Cozumel
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, melmar02 said:

I'm sure for drinks it would be fine. I wouldn't try to take any fruit or veggies off the ship in it though. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Nancy Weaver said:

We will be cruising on Enchantment of the Seas July 3- 8 with our 2 daughters and their families.  3 children, ages, 71/2, 5, and 14 months.  We really appreciate if anyone could recommend the best beaches for children in Progresso as well as Cozumel.  Ones within walking distance versus taking a taxi.

Also, are you allowed to take an ice chest off the ship for the day?

It's my understanding ice chests are not allowed onboard, Correct @Matt??  You might be able to by one in port??  *****but after  researching....RCCL say nothing about ice chests or cooler.*****

4 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

It's my understanding ice chests are not allowed onboard, Correct @Matt??  You might be able to by one in port??

They are not on the list of prohibited items.  I believe a soft-sided cooler that you could fold and put into your suitcase would be much easier to transport than anything hard-sided.  It seems it would be more hassle to deal with a cooler than just getting a cup of ice or drinks as needed.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

They are not on the list of prohibited items.  I believe a soft-sided cooler that you could fold and put into your suitcase would be much easier to transport than anything hard-sided.  It seems it would be more hassle to deal with a cooler than just getting a cup of ice or drinks as needed.

you are correct....I researched after the fact (story of my life...lol) and no mention of coolers or ice chests anywhere.

1 minute ago, MotleyCruiser said:

you are correct....I researched after the fact (story of my life...lol) and no mention of coolers or ice chests anywhere.

For some reason I recall them being prohibited at some point..or at least they required them to be soft sided.  This was back before they stopped allowing you to bring your own soda/water.  Now that they allow it again they haven't updated any rules about coolers..but they also stipulate you have to carry on the drinks.  I think folks used to check coolers and cases of water prior to that and it became excessive.