Swapping Rooms

So we have 3 rooms booked for 6 of us, we booked with 2 people in each room as that worked out cheaper than a room of 2, room of 3 and a room of 1 as they were doing a BOGOHO special.  Me and Hubby want to be in a room with my son and then leave my brother (adult) in his own room, Is this going to be a problem once on board? Do i need to tell anyone when get onboard or just carry on as if 2 in each room?  Will it cause any problems?

Shouldn't be a problem, just get a key-only SeaPass card made at Guest Services for your son after you get onboard.  He will still need his assigned SeaPass for any charges, but you can set that up at Guest Services or during check-in to use your credit card for the charges.  Your son will also need to go with your brother to the muster drill if you all aren't at the same muster station.

38 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

So we have 3 rooms booked for 6 of us, we booked with 2 people in each room as that worked out cheaper than a room of 2, room of 3 and a room of 1 as they were doing a BOGOHO special.  Me and Hubby want to be in a room with my son and then leave my brother (adult) in his own room, Is this going to be a problem once on board? Do i need to tell anyone when get onboard or just carry on as if 2 in each room?  Will it cause any problems?

There is one problem people are forgetting.. Since you booked rooms for 2 there is no guarantee that your rooms have a pull out couch. So you son might be stuck with your brother because there is no other bed for him.. 

37 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

There is one problem people are forgetting.. Since you booked rooms for 2 there is no guarantee that your rooms have a pull out couch. So you son might be stuck with your brother because there is no other bed for him.. 

Oh ok, I thought they all had bed and sleeper sofa, anyway I can find out? We are on HOS room 9595

Even if only me and son would they automatically expect us to share bed? 

49 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Shouldn't be a problem, just get a key-only SeaPass card made at Guest Services for your son after you get onboard.  He will still need his assigned SeaPass for any charges, but you can set that up at Guest Services or during check-in to use your credit card for the charges.  Your son will also need to go with your brother to the muster drill if you all aren't at the same muster station.

Thankyou

He wont be making any charges his only 9 and to be honest I dont want to be paying for anything extra.  That said 1 person paid for all 3 rooms and 1 person will settle any charges so it doesn't really matter what room things are charged to.

We are in 3 rooms next to each other so Muster drill should hopefully be the same anyway 

1 hour ago, levy1980 said:

Oh ok, I thought they all had bed and sleeper sofa, anyway I can find out? We are on HOS room 9595

This is the same link I posted in your other thread, look at the floor plan, if it has a triangle next to the room number it has a sleeper sofa, so 9595, 9597 and 9599 do not have a triangle.

If you look at 9593 it has the triangle as well as the arrow's designating connecting rooms.

The rooms come standard as 2 twin beds with a night stand in between, so they assume that 2 separate people will each sleep on their own bed, if you are a couple, Royal has to be told to join the same 2 beds together to make 1 big bed.

If you son is on the small side, you could tell the room steward to make the sofa up with bedding even though it is not a pull out sleeper, then you could have the 1 large bed to yourself. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Harmony-of-the-Seas

Hope this helps, in the long run you could turn all of this over to a travel agent (Which is free) and tell them your needs and maybe they could still find 3 room together with sleeper sofa and maybe connecting rooms. A lot of us on here use MEI travel, they help sponsor this site so it can stay free.

3 hours ago, levy1980 said:

So I just checked your room 9595 only has beds for 2 people.. There will be no room for your son in that room.. like others explained not all rooms work for 3 people that's why when booking they ask how many people in a room.. As others suggested I think you should transfer this booking to a travel agent and have them work with you and come up with the best option.. But it might be that your son has to room with your brother.. 

8 hours ago, tiny260 said:

This is the same link I posted in your other thread, look at the floor plan, if it has a triangle next to the room number it has a sleeper sofa, so 9595, 9597 and 9599 do not have a triangle.

If you look at 9593 it has the triangle as well as the arrow's designating connecting rooms.

The rooms come standard as 2 twin beds with a night stand in between, so they assume that 2 separate people will each sleep on their own bed, if you are a couple, Royal has to be told to join the same 2 beds together to make 1 big bed.

If you son is on the small side, you could tell the room steward to make the sofa up with bedding even though it is not a pull out sleeper, then you could have the 1 large bed to yourself. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Harmony-of-the-Seas

Hope this helps, in the long run you could turn all of this over to a travel agent (Which is free) and tell them your needs and maybe they could still find 3 room together with sleeper sofa and maybe connecting rooms. A lot of us on here use MEI travel, they help sponsor this site so it can stay free.

Thankyou very helpful info, I didn't know these things

Unfortunately my parents/brother made the booking so hadn't looked into it myself

He is small 9 year old so will have to just sleep on the sofa part, he definitely wont want to be wanting to share with my brother who snores loudly and constantly ha ha 

When they say twin bed is that not big enough for 2 ?

5 hours ago, levy1980 said:

Twin bed is a small bed, think what a kid would sleep in.  Next size up is a Double, which you can find in many hotels as sleeps two.  Up from that is a Queen, which offers more room for the two people, then the King which offers the most space.  In each cabin there are two twin beds, that push together to make almost a King.  If you have the two beds pushed together, your small 9 year old may be able to share the bed with you two.

5 hours ago, levy1980 said:

Thankyou very helpful info, I didn't know these things

Unfortunately my parents/brother made the booking so hadn't looked into it myself

He is small 9 year old so will have to just sleep on the sofa part, he definitely wont want to be wanting to share with my brother who snores loudly and constantly ha ha 

I noticed this is an inside cabin.. You might not even have a Sofa in your cabin.. Not all inside cabins have a sofa. In that case your son really will have to sleep with your brother lol snoring and all.. I really suggest calling a travel agent and getting the issue fixed. But I totally understand if you don't want to. Just be prepared there might literally only be a chair in your room and no Sofa.. 

2 hours ago, KathyC said:

Twin bed is a small bed, think what a kid would sleep in.  Next size up is a Double, which you can find in many hotels as sleeps two.  Up from that is a Queen, which offers more room for the two people, then the King which offers the most space.  In each cabin there are two twin beds, that push together to make almost a King.  If you have the two beds pushed together, your small 9 year old may be able to share the bed with you two.

Thanks, sorry from UK and twin to be sounds as if for 2 ha ha 

Might have to do that, so apparently for all rooms I want beds pushed together I need to tell RC in advance?

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I noticed this is an inside cabin.. You might not even have a Sofa in your cabin.. Not all inside cabins have a sofa. In that case your son really will have to sleep with your brother lol snoring and all.. I really suggest calling a travel agent and getting the issue fixed. But I totally understand if you don't want to. Just be prepared there might literally only be a chair in your room and no Sofa.. 

Yeah its a central park window view, I think from the plans it does have sofa but obviously not sleeper one

The problem with getting a travel agent is that when we booked the deal we got was buy one get one half off and 1 free voom per room so going to end up costing more and as dad payed I cant really ask him to do that!

1 minute ago, levy1980 said:

Yeah its a central park window view, I think from the plans it does have sofa but obviously not sleeper one

The problem with getting a travel agent is that when we booked the deal we got was buy one get one half off and 1 free voom per room so going to end up costing more and as dad payed I cant really ask him to do that!

ok Yeah I am pretty sure Central Park rooms have a sofa. Those rooms are Nice they are actually slightly larger than a balcony room. Good choice! 

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/04/review-central-park-view-stateroom-on-harmony-of-the-seas/

Looks like there should be a sofa in the Central Park View room, so you will probably be ok.  I would consider giving your stateroom attendant an extra tip and ask him if he can provided extra bedsheets for the couch for your son.