Port of New Orleans to Airport

Looking for flights for upcoming November cruise out of New Orleans.  I need to know what will be the earliest time for flight after we disembark.  The best savings are early in the morning; however, I'm not sure what would be the safest "early" time.  All of the afternoon flights are $$$$ and we may end up driving if we can do morning flights.  We have a good cheap flight going down but we fly home on the Sunday before Thanksgiving!

When I sailed on NCL out of New Orleans my friend took one of the $20 airport shuttles that was waiting right when you left the terminal.  She was at the airport by 830am. 

You need to allow 45 mins to get to the airport in case of traffic and congestion.  There's also the possibility that the early Thanksgiving travel rush may start that weekend resulting in a more crowded airport.

The biggest concern for me is the fact that sailing in/out of New Orleans is traveling the Mississippi.  There may be weather related or fog issues that can cause a delay.  But even having a flight after the time Royal recommends doesn't always save you from that.

I would consider 10am a safe bet as long as there are no weather issues and  you get yourself off the ship as early as possible and handle your own bags.  Anything before that would really have to depend on the price and the airline's missed flight policy

In January coming of Vision my Uber receipt shows my trip started at 7:34am and ended at the airport at 7:49am.  Cost me $34 for the 15.72 mile trip that took 15 minutes.  I used self-assist as I always do.

I walked out of the cruise terminal and West past the convention center where it's easier for a ride share to find you.

2004172224_UberNO.thumb.jpeg.93fa6772bc2d1b411dbb82c58c3fec80.jpeg

Just now, twangster said:

In January coming of Vision my Uber receipt shows my trip started at 7:34am and ended at the airport at 7:49am.  Cost me $34 for the 15.72 mile trip that took 15 minutes.

I walked out of the cruise terminal and North past the convention center where it's easier for a ride share to find you.

2004172224_UberNO.thumb.jpeg.93fa6772bc2d1b411dbb82c58c3fec80.jpeg

Thanks!  This makes me feel more comfortable to fly now!