Harmony 2 Bedroom Grand Suite Questions

UKDDC

I've had a search through for info but couldn't confirm exactly what I wanted hence the thread.

We would be a group of 8 (2 families) booking onto Harmony next October and checked the price difference between having our original planned 3 cabins (2 balcony and 1 Interior) against the 2 bedroom grand suite and it looks within a good range.  I've read the article on this site about the suite perks and from what I see there are a number of good reasons to book a suite but needed some opinions and confirmation.

- the article on this site says 'The Royal Suite Class experience includes the Unlimited Beverage Package' - I assume the 2 bedroom grand suite is in the Royal class but I think this info on drinks may not be accurate? Hopefully I'm wrong as it would make the decision to book a lot easier! If not the Unlimited package are any soft drink packages included?

- is it the unlimited VOOM package that is included or just the basic?

- will your 'genie' guarantee to get you bookings for speciality restaurants so you don't have to worry about booking those ahead?

- with 8 of us in the 2 Bedroom Grand Suite it would mean one bedroom would be my wife and I with our 2 teenage sons in the Pullman bunks, my daughter (10) and daughter (14) from other family on sofa bed and 2 adults in the other bedroom. I'd like opinion on whether this would be feasible and the pros/cons of taking the suite over the other cabins. I'm assuming our TA is correct that we an actually have the 8 people in the cabin like this.

Any help appreciated and any extras that aren't obvious on the RC site as the list has some things and also 'and more'.

Hi,

i haven’t sailed on Harmony but Royal Class is a range of classes, Sea Class, Sky Class and Star Class

i am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong but I think a 2 bedroom Grand Suite will be Sky Class. You will get voom surf + stream included but you will not get the drinks package, ultimate dining or a Royal Genie. These are reserved for Star Class guests.

You will get some cool perks though, access to Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Priority embarkation, access to the Suite lounge. You can use the Concierge to make your dinner bookings. If you plan to go to a number of specialty restaurants I suggest you buy a dining package prior to your cruise as this will be cheaper than prices on the ship. 

F1guyNZ is correct. The Grand Suite 2 bedroom is Sky Class, not Star Class. The entry level for Star Class (Genie, dining, beverages, etc..) is usually the 2 bedroom aqua theatre suite. You might want to see if those are available and look at how the math works out. There’s a ton of value in the star class perks if done right. 

Thanks for that info, am fairly new to RC after lots of Disney cruises but they are becoming eye wateringly expensive and RC looks a good option.

If anyone has any insights into the 2 bedroom grand suite and suitability to squeeze 8 in, then that would be very useful.

Just now, UKDDC said:

If anyone has any insights into the 2 bedroom grand suite and suitability to squeeze 8 in, then that would be very useful.

In my opinion, I'd rather book two smaller rooms, than one giant room. It's probably more cost effective and helps provide better separation.

14 minutes ago, UKDDC said:

Thanks for that info, am fairly new to RC after lots of Disney cruises but they are becoming eye wateringly expensive and RC looks a good option.

I also don't think 2 bedroom grand suite is worth it.. Like every one explained it doesn't come with drinks package or genie. And fitting 8 people is going to be so tight. Now if you could find the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite then go for it! Thats Star Class and includes drink package, specialty dining, Genie the works.. Plus the room is much bigger and suitable to 8 people.. I had a 1 bedroom aqua theater suite and loved it.. I also had a grand suite and I can't imagine trying to fit 8 people in the 2 bedroom grand suite its just not big enough. Of course this is just my opinion and you need to do what you feel is right for you. 

Thanks for all the comments. I think the price difference between having 3 rooms between 8 people (2 balconies and 1 interior) is around $2000. So for the $2000 you are getting less space (and bathrooms) but gaining Coastal Kitchen plus lounge, priority boarding and free internet (which for 8 people is significant and my estimate around $800 for a 7 night cruise). The large balcony is appealing but all swings and roundabouts I guess. I've been reading all the good reports about Coastal Kitchen which I think have been swaying my opinion.

Out of interest I just did a quick check on square footage and it is quite interesting (if I have my calculations correct).

2 x Balcony cabins (2 x 182ft) = 364sq ft plus 100sq ft of balcony (2 x 50ft)

1 x Interior (Boardwalk view) = 194sq ft

Total 558sq ft plus 100sq ft of balcony

versus

2 bedroom Grand Suite = 580sq ft plus 238sq ft balcony

I suppose it may be that the 2 bedroom suite has less usable space and only 2 bathrooms but it is giving me food for thought.

Thanks again for all the advice and just need to make a decision now!

You might be overestimating the value of Voom under Sky Class.  There are discounts for multi-device plans.  

On one 7 night Oasis class ship in my cruise planner I see:

One device $13.99 per day

Two devices $18.99 per day

Three devices $21.99 per day

Four devices $22.39 per day

Round this up to $23 per day in case the price varies for your cruise.  This covers four devices.  Seven nights is $23 x 7 = $161. 

For eight devices, buying two (4) device plans would be 2 x $161 = $322.   

Thanks,. I was basing on the prices I've seen under my UK planner (I have another 5 day cruise booked with RC for March as part of a birthday celebration) and that's where I got my estimate from but maybe I didn't get the four device price. I'll add that into the pros and cons and thanks again for the more accurate info.

1 hour ago, UKDDC said:

Thanks,. I was basing on the prices I've seen under my UK planner (I have another 5 day cruise booked with RC for March as part of a birthday celebration) and that's where I got my estimate from but maybe I didn't get the four device price. I'll add that into the pros and cons and thanks again for the more accurate info.

one more thing you forgot... If you get 3 rooms more people will have an actual bed.. Sleeping on Pull out couch and pullman beds really are not comfortable.. I would want the three rooms just to give more people an actual bed.. 

3 hours ago, UKDDC said:

I think you’d be really cramped with eight. Oasis still has some on deck 12 that includes a hot tub on the deck. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

In my opinion, I'd rather book two smaller rooms, than one giant room. It's probably more cost effective and helps provide better separation.

We all are well aware of your hatred of coastal kitchen. Too bad there’s not a tattoo parlor on board the group cruise, @Lovetocruise2002 Would hold you down and make you get a #TeamCK tattoo.