Maya Chan Cancelletion.... Need new suggestions

hey!

My husband and I were set to go to Maya Chan beach in September when we are in Costa Maya.  I just got an email saying they are closing for three weeks in September. We are so bummed!  We would still like to do a nice beach day preferably with a taco bar either in Costa Maya or Cozumel. Any suggestions for somewhere?

Hi hey!, we were on HOTS & visited Costa Maya on Friday. We had a GREAT time at Tropicante. We emailed the Manager he coordinated taxis to & fro , arranged shaded seating areas as well. Tropicante had an okay for Mexico bathroom ( yes toilet paper , soap & water to wash hands). The served buckets of icee blender drinks, Corona on ice, had food (none of us got sick). We had the choice of tables with chairs or loungers, under tarp/shade. Table was placed Oceanside with chairs, if requested.  The uckie part is that the Island has seaweed everywhere that area they tried their best to rack it up . No way to stop it, so a mesh barrier is set up about 200 yards out in the water to keep most of the seaweed out. So not really any Snorkeling off the beach, unless you pay for a boat to take you, which Tropicante  arranged for us at $25 per person total of 8 for an hour. There were small shops up & down selling trinkets, ice cream, food places. I do want to mention on the beach that locals come by selling their wares, constantly. We just smiled and said no & they kept going. No communication from them, no issues.